Emergency, need help with torch coral

NewFisher18

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 8, 2025
Messages
99
Reaction score
25
Location
Long Island
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My torch coral I recently noticed has been looking really rough. I don’t know what’s wrong. When I bought it it’s tissue had been receding(I didn’t know what to look for at time) but now I can see the base and some white stuff on top. Idk what’s wrong. Alk is 9 I raised phos to .2 to battle Dino’s which r gone. Everything else seems to be in range with nitrates around 8. It looks like the corals tentacles are peeling off please help. Srry for the dirty tank just scraped glass

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
 
What are your phosphates, calcium and alk?
Also, it has VERY little flesh band. Are you able to move it to a low flow area so I can regrow? It will take some time to grow though.
 
Do you have any other corals in your tank?

When making adjustments for your tank, make sure they are gradual and nothing sudden.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 11 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new