Emergency plumbing issue

SeaCreature

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 20, 2017
Messages
78
Reaction score
24
Location
Southern Ca
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi . I have a redsea 250 classic with a failed gate valve (major leak)
I have ordered a replacement which should arrive overnight (hopefully).
In the meantime I increased the flow in the display and pointed a couple Power heads upwards to help with gas exchange. Added a small power head in sump to keep water in sump circulating and turned off doser.
Should I take any other steps? Biological should be enough for 24hrs correct?
 
Hi . I have a redsea 250 classic with a failed gate valve (major leak)
I have ordered a replacement which should arrive overnight (hopefully).
In the meantime I increased the flow in the display and pointed a couple Power heads upwards to help with gas exchange. Added a small power head in sump to keep water in sump circulating and turned off doser.
Should I take any other steps? Biological should be enough for 24hrs correct?
Youre ok overnight. Place a bucket or shallow tub underneath just in case.
In an emergency, you could try FLEXSEAL tape or paint on sealer if needed
 
Upvote 0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 7 4.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 52 34.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 23 15.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new