EMERGENCY Request delayed delivery ‼️

skip0211

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 7, 2016
Messages
262
Reaction score
317
Location
Newtown Ct
What state or country do you live in
Connecticut
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two flame angels, which were shipped from Florida yesterday. It’s a FedEx shipment and has been delayed in Tennessee for 24 hours. Open contact with the seller and we both think with the extra oxygen that they were packed in they may well make it. My question is when they arrive, hopefully alive, because of the time elapsed should I speed drip these guys as opposed to a normal drip acclamation.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

🙏
 
Last edited:
I wouldn't Drip at all if they are going in QT. Just find out the Salinity they were shipped at and match your QT Tank. I would just equalize the Temp for about 1/2 hour. If they have enough water and O2 you should be ok. I had a shipment delay by a day without issue. I hope you saw them eat because that's important with this species. One of my favorite fish. Good luck with your Regals.
 
They are pre QT and are first fish in a totally cycled 265 gallon Fowlr tank. They were eating well.
 
I just splash everything. I never drip anything.
 
Sounds like salinity shouldn't be a problem. I would check what level he runs his Tank at. Going down is not a problem and going up about .002 SG should be fine.
 
Skip, did you fish make it?
 
Unfortunately, the fish never had a chance with FedEx. Not only was it more than a 24 hour delay. The box came in soaked as if it was left outside in Tennessee and needless to say the fish were done. I will say I got these two fish from coral monsters in Florida, and they are immediately replacing them on Monday for Tuesday delivery. Judy is a great person to deal with, so I’m looking forward to Tuesday.
 
In my area I don’t trust FedEx. In others they’re amazing. It’s all about your regional hub and local drivers, in my experience.
 
Good luck with your new batch.
 
Don’t drip. That’ll kill them for sure. Float for 15 minutes then release. That’ll be the best chance of success.
 
Unfortunately, the fish never had a chance with FedEx. Not only was it more than a 24 hour delay. The box came in soaked as if it was left outside in Tennessee and needless to say the fish were done. I will say I got these two fish from coral monsters in Florida, and they are immediately replacing them on Monday for Tuesday delivery. Judy is a great person to deal with, so I’m looking forward to Tuesday.
Should ship Tuesdays. Monday they are still working on weekend delays.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 12 36.4%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 6 18.2%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 2 6.1%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new