EMERGENCY-What is this brown stuff on my foxface?

doubleshot00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A couple rocks/1 skimmer/powerhead/ came from my 75 reef, a canister can create anoxic areas is what i heard, those gases are deadly when introduced to your aquarium..
Vine Ok GIF

Steve and his Animals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A couple rocks/1 skimmer/powerhead/ came from my 75 reef, a canister can create anoxic areas is what i heard, those gases are deadly when introduced to your aquarium..
Yeah, whoever told you that doesn't know how to use a canister filter. Canisters are 9-times-out-of-10 better than any HOB filter, especially for saltwater, both in longevity and efficiency if set up properly.

mehaffydr

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I added bio spira, this stuff cycles your tank in a few days, I also added a couple live rocks/skimmer/powerhead, has worked before
Biospira does speed things up but you have a lot of bioload on a brand new tank which is why you have such high Ammonia.
I would suggest you listen to the advice you are getting here and Slow Down
Slow Down Slow Down.
Nothing in reef tanks thats good happens fast. Patience is key if you want a stress free reef and good experience for you and your fish.

mehaffydr

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know, should I treat the foxface in a qt tank with copper power though?
You should get those parameters in check get salinity right get rid of the Ammonia, Right now you have not identified anything on the Foxface that requires Copper.

OP
OP
M

Makubex

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like i said before I added a few live rocks from my 75 reef as well as its skimmer...

OP
OP
M

Makubex

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What it is, its bacterial some people just told me, would copper power work here?

CoralB

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I added bio spira, this stuff cycles your tank in a few days, I also added a couple live rocks/skimmer/powerhead, has worked before
Wrong !!! It takes longer than that . If your ammonia is not zeroed out you should not have any fish in the tank .

OP
OP
M

Makubex

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rash effect appears more like bacterial for sure,... then what will? Just a quarantine tank?

mehaffydr

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you adjusted the salinity?
Have you done a water change to lower the Ammonia

If you have not addressed the real issues you cant really do any treatment.

CoralB

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like i said before I added a few live rocks from my 75 reef as well as its skimmer...
Doesn’t matter !!! It’s inadequate if you have ammonia in your tank . I would suggest asking your lfs to take and your fish till you get your tank cycled , then after it’s cycled add the fish back slowly like one week so that the tank can Handle the bio load .

Back