EMERGENCY!

trustmeimalawyer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank sprung a leak and I’ve been moving livestock to a different tank. Suddenly I get shocked and can’t stick my hand in the tank without being shocked. All electronics are shut off and removed from the tank. Not sure where the stray voltage is coming from. Help!

Karen00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It sounds like you might be the conduit from the tank water to water on the floor if you're standing in any and the floor water is in contact with electricity. Turn off breakers as others have mentioned (which I'm sure you've done already) and it might be a good idea to put on some rubber boots or rubber soles shoes while you're cleaning up. Maybe rubber gloves as well until everything is dry.

Karen00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a near miss with a spilled bucket of water near a power bar on the floor. I get shivers just thinking about it because it could've been really bad. Now I'm putting in GFCI plugs (the plug in adapter type for now) and I'm elevating all power bars off the floor. I also bought a pair of rubber boots (and already had the gloves). Our bodies are the quickest path for electricity to travel whether from the floor to the tank or from the tank to the floor. Very scary! I hope everything is OK with the OP. A leaking tank is my worst nightmare related to this hobby.

Privateye

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They have shocked me before if I get too rowdy with the water flinging. You alive dude? Do we need to send a search party for the tank in your build thread?

Back