Emperor and regal angel compatibility

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys wondering if I could add a juv emperor angelfish with my adult regal. Tank is a 125 six foot. I know I have to get a bigger tank for the emp long term and am saving money currently to get a big tank for them so Im not worried about the size at the moment with this plan. More wondering if the juv emp would bully the regal since they are more shy

OP
OP
littlefoxx

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe - depends on how much of a d*ck the emperor is. Mine is a definite pr*ck, but I have 4 other angels with him (a lamarck and three dwarfs).
Yeah thats why I wanted a juv so it was way smaller than my regal. Shes probably 5 and a half inches

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you have one or more threads recently with fish illness and or fish dying? And you are adding more already? Is that a prudent and safe approach for the fish?

I guess if you have multiple tanks then it might be safer but if the same tank then I would want to wait a reasonable amount of time before introducing more fish to be safe.

OP
OP
littlefoxx

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you have one or more threads recently with fish illness and or fish dying? And you are adding more already? Is that a prudent and safe approach for the fish?

I guess if you have multiple tanks then it might be safer but if the same tank then I would want to wait a reasonable amount of time before introducing more fish to be safe.
Multiple tangs, the illness was in my 15 nano. The fish in this tank died about a month ago due to electrical issues. Have a few fish in there now and all is well as the issue was fixed. Just doing research for my stocking list, not adding a bunch right away

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 9 5.9%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.9%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 124 81.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.9%
Back