Here’s his dinner,what ever coral is growing on that rock lol
D1C67E18-AD6D-4CF0-86C9-8D7D019652B6.jpeg

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Great idea to use the shells! wow I need to get some of the AngeLixer! I recently made some frozen cubes using just the whole foods frozen seafood medley, some krill, nori and supplement.

OP
OP
Wen

Wen

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great idea to use the shells! wow I need to get some of the AngeLixer! I recently made some frozen cubes using just the whole foods frozen seafood medley, some krill, nori and supplement.
I usually freeze the food in not thin enough sheets, so it’s difficult to break, messy and floats.

Does anyone know exactly what sponges Emperors eat? I know mine doesn’t touch yellow sponges.

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Timmy accidentally bit me when I was hand feeding him today. it didn't hurt too much. didn't draw blood. was more of a scrape. It surprised him as much as it did me. The Larger of the Blue Hippo Tangs ate from my hand today too which was cool. I think he realized yesterday that he was theoretically the tank boss after Timmy now.
FTS-090922.gif

the exile tank is now the off the Timmy menu tank.

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Another Timmy feeding video!
TimmyFeeding-092522.gif

He periodically circles back and rubs his fins along my hand. It was quite unnerving the first time he did it because I thought he was going to spike me. Turns out its quite pleasant and I think its a sort of greeting because he does it whenever I feed him. Sometimes when I'm rearranging my corals he comes over and does it too. Could be a dominance thing too I suppose.

srcleary

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is mine. He was in a 110 for about 6 months until the big 800g DT was ready. I felt bad for him and he got bullied by my Powder Blue Tang constantly for a few months. He was re-homed from a tank tear down. Survived velvet and ich!

Now he is the boss of the DT of over 50 fish. Eats everything, competes with the triggers for food and grunts all the time, especially during feeding when someone is in his way. Or at me when he wants to eat!

I feed the tank Ulva every day as well and he loves it. Doesn't bully anyone, just rules the tank.

He is starting to grow a streamer. I say "he" but honestly not sure if male or female. Can anyone tell me? Some say males grow streamers but I have read that both male and female can.

I also have a juvi orange tail emperor in the DT that should start transitioning soon. So far no issues.
IMG_3406.JPG

Blue Cheese

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is mine. He was in a 110 for about 6 months until the big 800g DT was ready. I felt bad for him and he got bullied by my Powder Blue Tang constantly for a few months. He was re-homed from a tank tear down. Survived velvet and ich!

Now he is the boss of the DT of over 50 fish. Eats everything, competes with the triggers for food and grunts all the time, especially during feeding when someone is in his way. Or at me when he wants to eat!

I feed the tank Ulva every day as well and he loves it. Doesn't bully anyone, just rules the tank.

He is starting to grow a streamer. I say "he" but honestly not sure if male or female. Can anyone tell me? Some say males grow streamers but I have read that both male and female can.

I also have a juvi orange tail emperor in the DT that should start transitioning soon. So far no issues.
IMG_3406.JPG
Beautiful fish

Rmckoy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let’s see some baby pics!
EF1CC179-B32C-4DAF-99AD-1BAD866CF0D5.jpeg
1446E592-77B1-4A3A-A0A5-72CFE3F9FFF9.jpeg

RIP trachy. Culprit in photo...not the CBB.
Before reading I was going to say those trachy look very tasty and might not last long

same thing happened in my tank ,
Huge donut , open brain , lobo all gone in no time .

Lebowski_

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Timmy accidentally bit me when I was hand feeding him today. it didn't hurt too much. didn't draw blood. was more of a scrape. It surprised him as much as it did me. The Larger of the Blue Hippo Tangs ate from my hand today too which was cool. I think he realized yesterday that he was theoretically the tank boss after Timmy now.
FTS-090922.gif

the exile tank is now the off the Timmy menu tank.
What site are you using for these smooth gif conversions?

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
What site are you using for these smooth gif conversions?
I use ffmpeg
I had to install unix subsystem for linux to get bash shell to install ffmpeg. may be different procedure now.
then I just use the following commands:

Code:
ffmpeg -i IMG_4459.MOV -filter_complex "[0:v] palettegen" ../../palette.png
ffmpeg -i IMG_4459.MOV -i ../../palette.png -r 12 -s 384x216 -filter_complex "[0:v][1:v] paletteuse" ../../TimmyFeeding_01.gif

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had one that had an advanced case of itch when I got him, not noticiable in the store due to lighting and the store went out of business so they were selling 1/2 off. He died in 4 days even with treating. Want one so bad but I’m going to wait until naive got a bigger set up!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.7%
Back