Encrusting coral ID?

Shaina Carey

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 22, 2018
Messages
250
Reaction score
316
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My local LFS didn't know the kind of coral.this was, can anyone identify it?

IMG_20210427_144647013.jpg
 
Looks like a lepto but could be a pavona not terrible bleached just a little white i wouldn't worry about it
 
It looks to me like a leptoseris coral. Give that a Google and see if that looks like what you have.
 
That coral does not look bleached. Did they tell you that It was a encrusting coral but just didn't know the name?? It is not a cactus pavona
Yeah, they said it was an encrusting coral, but he didn't know the type.
 
I was told it was a green pavona that’s it
the pink one at the bottom is what was supposed to be a chalice of some sort .
I might be able to find the name again if I looked
Sorry for the dirty glass at the bottom .
27” down is a long reach
 

Attachments

  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    218.7 KB · Views: 40
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    151.3 KB · Views: 63

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 7.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 7.1%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new