Encrusting corals

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Thomasj616

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 125 mixed reef and want to get some type of encrusting corals.
I would like to glue them to my overflow box and possibly in the back glass of the tank.
What should I get and how do you think I should adhere it to the acrylic overflow box as well as the glass
I have mars aqua leds on the tank with medium flow

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I would like to glue them to my overflow box and possibly in the back glass of the tank.
What should I get and how do you think I should adhere it to the acrylic overflow box as well as the glass
Is this question specifically meant for @WWC?

ahiggins

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
theres a magnetic frag plug that someone sells out there thats awesome. Ive used it for cyphastraea and gsp. once it grows off the plug it will grow directly onto the glass. The only thing I dont like about it is if you move it, you have to pry it off because of the calcium in the plug.

Salty1962

Wrasse and SPS Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aqua-Mags makes a very good mag mount. Alternative Reef makes the best mag shelves.

Dayson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am trying to cover my overflow in all different cyphastrea. I superglue plumbers puddy to the box and frag to plumbers puddywhile it is still soft

WWC

WWC Staff
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As others have mentioned the usual candidates would be GSP, Montis, Cyphastreas, Pipe Organ. But you could also try Acropora, Lithophyllon, Psammocora, Porites, Stylocoeniella and many others. Use aquarium safe epoxy and super glue, put a small dab of super glue on both sides of the epoxy.

I am trying to cover my overflow in all different cyphastrea. I superglue plumbers puddy to the box and frag to plumbers puddywhile it is still soft
Probably safer to use epoxy made for aquarium use.

_

Back