encrusting life help

NoahLikesFish

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how do i get my boring sponge to grow? I want some encrusting stuff on my rocks like filter feeders and sponges and corraline and i have bits and peices of them but i want them to be more invasive. i didnt really have any blooms of stuff besides dino in my tank which i basically erradicated, i had some chaeto/sea lettuce kinda bloom for like. afew days then it stopped growing. how do i trigger new growth in my tank, im using plant fertilizer from my fresh tank in hopes that it gives my macros and stuff more nutrients to grow more. also i wanna know how long it will take for my gsp to recover, it has algae on part of it and idk if i will hurt it if i scrub it every day while it grows in and gets natural immunity to the algae, also i think i might have some dead gsp polyps, i tested my water last night and i had 0 am 0 nitrite 15 nitrate 0.25 salinity. would adding tap water to my ato for the silicates be a bad idea, i know it fuels sponge growth

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 18.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back