Encrusting monti color loss?

  • Thread starter Thread starter 19Mateo83
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

19Mateo83

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 8, 2023
Messages
1,848
Reaction score
2,370
Location
Charlotte
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I received some corals today that arrived fairly cold. After temperature acclimation and drip acclimation I coral rx dipped at recommended strength for 5 minutes. The color looked a little off going into the dip but after the dip, most if not all of the green color disappeared. One is a reverse sunset Monti and the other was a chilli pepper Monti. They both were supposed to have a bright green base color. Is this something that happens with montis and they will eventually recover? Or are these more than likely gonners? The rev. Sunset still has bright red polyp extension and the chilli p. Still has some small bits of its green base color left. I’m hoping that they can make a recovery. Anyone had this happen to them before?
Reverse Sunset
E866B07B-00FC-4118-9B82-39115C26B61E.jpeg

Chilli p
6353ECFC-08C4-4E22-B7B7-ED97011D8005.jpeg
 
I have had similar reaction with other coral types (I.e torches, acros, and Zoas). Typically due to the stress of travel and the shock of the dip, they may be a bit stressed.

I would give them about 24 hrs to recover. You may see some more color by then. Remember be patient, let them aclimate to flow and light. Little by little they shall open up.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 33.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new