encrusting montipora Question

  • Thread starter Thread starter Brady4000
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Brady4000

I just wanted a Mantis Shrimp.
View Badges
Joined
Oct 7, 2020
Messages
1,467
Reaction score
2,779
Location
Fiji
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning all,

I bought a few small encrusting montipora, I think it would be neat to add it to the tip of a branch. On this brand I have a small torch and frog spawn.

Here are my questions,
will it encrust around them?
Can it kill a torch or frog?
If it starts to get stung, will the whole thing die or just the section that’s getting stung?

Thanks!
 
Montipora like to grow out into the open water. I wouldn't worry much they will not grow onto the LPS since they have chemical signals. Also I wouldn't worry about stinging from the mdntipora more from the LPS side and if it does sting it will just kill off that area and not the whole coral.
 
Montipora like to grow out into the open water. I wouldn't worry much they will not grow onto the LPS since they have chemical signals. Also I wouldn't worry about stinging from the mdntipora more from the LPS side and if it does sting it will just kill off that area and not the whole coral.
Thanks! That settles it! Going on the top branch lol.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 11 6.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 28 15.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 59 33.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 12 6.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 12 6.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 27 15.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new