Encrusting SPS ID? Monti?

  • Thread starter Thread starter TX_REEF
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

TX_REEF

Kessil Fanboy
View Badges
Joined
Mar 12, 2023
Messages
5,295
Reaction score
6,250
Location
Texas
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Hello, can anyone identify the type and possibly trade name of this guy? Being somewhat colorblind, the subtle color variance of some acros and other SPS are sometimes lost on me, but I absolutely love the vibrant colors of this particular coral. I am including photos of the “mother” frag and a few cuttings I recently made.

IMG_9827.jpeg

IMG_9825.jpeg

IMG_9826.jpeg
 
Are both of those trade names the same coral?? :oops:
 
Same species. Both very similar. As far as I understand the mystic monti has slightly lighter body than the reverse Superman. This one looks more like a reverse Superman to me. It’s possible the differences are just lighting based.
 
I feel like in person the base of mine is more red than orange, so leaning more towards reverse Superman
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new