encrustingacro’s 20 Gallon Build

thamnasteroid

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 24, 2020
Messages
3,666
Reaction score
3,012
Location
US
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hello, my name is Anton, and this is my first reef tank. I plan to turn this tank into a mixed reef.
Tank: Red Sea Max Nano
Light: AI Prime 16HD
Return Pump: Sicce Syncra Silent
Powerhead: Ecotech Marine Vortech MP10wQD
ATO: Tunze Osmolator
Media Reactor: IM Desktop Media Reactor
Stand: DIY Plywood Stand
Planned Livestock:
1 Ocellaris Clownfish
1 Banggai Cardinal
4 Trochus Snails
4 Astrea Snails
4 Nassarius Snails
1 Cleaner Shrimp
Zoanthids
Micro Lords
Milka or ORA Purple Stylo
Porites of some sort
Pocillopora Verrucosa or Meandrina (if I can find one)
war coral
Cyphastrea Decadia
Any strain of Coelastrea Palauensis
 
083C7FD2-BCEA-4A4D-929A-2D96B9B3859C.jpeg

Mixing the saltwater
 
Cycle is done. I have now added a clownfish, a trochus snail, astrea snail, and a nassarius snail.
 
I have added a banggai cardinal.
image.jpg
 
I have added my first coral. Also for some reason I can’t find my Banggai cardinal
FCDDAA7D-DECD-4830-9FCA-874034314638.jpeg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 29.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 29.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 5 18.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new