Engineer goby gone blind

Zoa_Fanatic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My engineer goby is going blind. It started all of a sudden and it’s not effecting my only other fish (a four strip damsel). He’s is literally methuselah. Hes around 18” long in my biocube 32 and that we know of (who knows how old he was when he was bought) he’s 10 (at least, we can’t remember, my boxer is 10 and he was around before her). His eyes started getting cloudy one day and today he’s bumping into things. He eats fine. Swims fine. Is it possible this is temporary and if not will he live while blind? I’ll hand feed him if I have to to make his life good until he passes.

BlackGoldReefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My engineer goby is going blind. It started all of a sudden and it’s not effecting my only other fish (a four strip damsel). He’s is literally methuselah. Hes around 18” long in my biocube 32 and that we know of (who knows how old he was when he was bought) he’s 10 (at least, we can’t remember, my boxer is 10 and he was around before her). His eyes started getting cloudy one day and today he’s bumping into things. He eats fine. Swims fine. Is it possible this is temporary and if not will he live while blind? I’ll hand feed him if I have to to make his life good until he passes.
Man that’s kind of sad honestly. I am not sure if it’s disease or just old age. I am sure you will know soon enough. Good luck.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Although it probably won't solve your specific issue, here is a link to an article I wrote on fish eye diseases:

Jay

OP
OP
Zoa_Fanatic

Zoa_Fanatic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In
Man that’s kind of sad honestly. I am not sure if it’s disease or just old age. I am sure you will know soon enough. Good luck.
Although it probably won't solve your specific issue, here is a link to an article I wrote on fish eye diseases:

Jay
He passed last night. He wasn’t necessarily blind he was just so old I don’t think he was there anymore. He was deteriorating quickly so I expected it. He had given up swimming basically at all when I went to bed.

Back