Engineer goby health and lifespan

Zoa_Fanatic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have a biocube 32 led with all stock equipment and the following parameters:

ammonia-0 ppm
Nitrite-0ppm
Nitrate - 15 ppm
pH-8.0/8.2 (kinda colorblind so cant tell)

so I’ve got a massive, and I mean massive, engineer goby named kashima (18-20” long). He’s going on 7/8 years old (my dad got him as a juvenile but we argue about when). His only other tank mate is a four stripe damsel about an inch ling whose lives with him for about 4 years now. I recently moved tanks and now I see him a lot more. He looks a little skinnier than before but not much and he eats like he’s never had food before. How can I tell if his health is deteriorating or if he is being bullied? I don’t think he would be since they’ve lived together so long and he’s a monster.

OP
OP
Zoa_Fanatic

Zoa_Fanatic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This video was three years ago. He’s about twice to three times this size now. I can’t get a full picture of him without tearing my aqua scape apart now. Sorry for the long delay in the reply.

Attachments

• 4A755DC8-B681-44D0-BB4C-E0C64A154773.MOV
    61.1 MB
OP
OP
Zoa_Fanatic

Zoa_Fanatic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you post a picture of the "monster"? I've just got to see this thing.
Sorry for the delay. This is him a few years ago. The photo says last year but I’m pretty sure it was way before then I haven’t had that tank in a while. He’s twice this now. I can’t get a full photo of him without tearing my rock scape down now. He’s a turd. You think he could be bullied?

4ECB0B9D-B96F-4A31-AF62-33D9BCDA3043.png

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 23.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 57 34.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 50 30.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.4%
Back