Enough oxygenation in tank?

Sstadler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I recently added about 20 lbs of life rock into my established tank. This caused my skimmer to go crazy last night. So me, not thinking, turned off my skimmer for the day and went to work. I work 24 hour shifts. My return pump makes a small ripple in the surface of my aquarium, but I wouldn’t call it waves by any means. Just basically enough to break the surface tension. However my overflow pvc pipe slashes down into the water in my sump. Do you think this splashing down is enough to keep my tank oxygenated until I get home? I don’t have much of a bio load as far as fish. 2 small clowns, 1 tang approx 1 inch mouth to fin, and one yellow tang approx 2 inches top to bottom. I can see on my camera that my fish are doing okay, my skimmer has been off for around 15 hours already. Won’t be home for another 17..... any input is appreciated. Thank you

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It should be fine unless you have your tank runing on the edge with a ton o fish.

Samina

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have any other flow in the tank besides the return pump? Having the skimmer off wouldn't cause you that much trouble but I am not sure what the rest of the flow is like

OP
OP
Sstadler

Sstadler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have any other flow in the tank besides the return pump? Having the skimmer off wouldn't cause you that much trouble but I am not sure what the rest of the flow is like

Yes I have two power heads facing each other, at opposite directions, that together flow 10x my tanks capacity.

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Considering you can keep a tank alive with by stirring with a spoon during power outages, you are plenty fine with 2 powerheads.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 38 43.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 22.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 31.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.3%
Back