Entacmea quadricolor "Bubble Tip Anemone"

red_sea_reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi

I'am about to buy a entacmea quadricolor from another reefer ( his tank is too small for the anemone)
my concern is that anemone can easily find themselves being sucked into pumps/powerheads and wipe out a tank ( already happened to me in the past with heteractis ) because of toxin.
My question is entacmea anemones release a toxin when they die like heteractis do ? or no.

I do not want to take the risk to crash my tank , or protect my vortech with some kind of ugly foam

thanks

jayjigga

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What size tank do you have? How old is the system? Usually the determining factor is your tank's ability to deal with the death and waste produced from the specimen that passed. I've had a sick BTA pass that didn't affect anyone in the tank, but BTAs are much smaller in terms of waste compared to a ritt. If your main concern is aesthetics over safety, I would roll the dice like I do and hope to not make nem soup. I've had to manually move nems as they inched towards the gyre :p

OP
OP
red_sea_reef

red_sea_reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my tank is 105 gallon , system is 2 years old since i moved it. everything is well balanced . oversized skimmer too .
Lol ok nem soup ;) i see .. I am not lucky guy so i am quite sure i will have trouble . :D . i think the anemone will stay in the seller tank :)

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 51 39.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 15 11.7%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 36 28.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 24 18.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.6%
Back