Epoxy, overflowing Protein Skimmer, unhappy Carpet Nem

mossanimal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I used JB Weld's Water Weld to stick a couple of corals. I've used this stuff before with no problems, but this time it's caused to the protein skimmer to go mad and it still is after 4 days. During this time my Haddon's carpet nem detached and is not sticky and will not eat (I don't feed it very often but just wanted to see if it would). The color is good but it just sits on the sand. It goes from relatively well inflated to curling up. My parameters right now are: Salinity: 1.023 NO3 <10, PO4 0.25, pH 8, DKH 8. I'm planning to check Mag and Ca later today but last time they were 1350 and 420 respectively. I'm getting good growth in my Cephastrea and everything else looks good. Although my toadstool looks a wee bit stressed.

OP
OP
mossanimal

mossanimal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
current state

Attachments

• IMG_0007.JPG
    IMG_0007.JPG
    360.1 KB · Views: 25

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The putty sticks make the skimmer go wild, I usually connect a hose from the skimmer to a bucket to let it drain out. If you still have issue's 4 days later, I guess you used the entire stick? Just keep skimming until its out.

OP
OP
mossanimal

mossanimal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The putty sticks make the skimmer go wild, I usually connect a hose from the skimmer to a bucket to let it drain out. If you still have issue's 4 days later, I guess you used the entire stick? Just keep skimming until its out.
Okay... I've used it many times and never a problem. No.. I didn't use the whole stick.... maybe an 1/8th of it? Do you think it could be related to my carpet nem freaking out all of a sudden??

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay... I've used it many times and never a problem. No.. I didn't use the whole stick.... maybe an 1/8th of it? Do you think it could be related to my carpet nem freaking out all of a sudden??
That does sound a little weird.... Maybe do a water change 'just in case'? Sorry I can't offer better suggestion

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 50 40.7%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 15 12.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 33 26.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 23 18.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.6%
Back