Equipment advice?

ReeferPrime

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 20, 2015
Messages
180
Reaction score
21
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This the tank I'm getting What kind of these should I be getting? I was thinking of a Nero 3 for flow or the hygger wavemaker? Is it worth the extra money for the Nero and should I get multiples? For light I was debating between Ai prime or a cheaper brand like Nicrew? I do plan to make it a mixed reef with SPS and LPS so would I need more than 1 AI prime? Cause more than one sounds out of my budget. Lastly is it worth getting a canister filter? I was thinking of this one because of the built-in heater. What do you guys think?
 
I wouldn't recommend getting the canister filter. I run HOB and my nephew runs his reef tank on canisters. Replacing media and cleaning the HOB takes no time at all where as my nephew is always complaining about his canister being a whole ordeal. I've heard good stuff about hygger and the nero wavemakers, I think you'll be fine with either. For lighting, check out AI blades and also noopsyche lights. Have you considered getting the WB 25 AIO?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 40.7%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 25.9%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new