Equipment Purchase Order Help

mcdrichj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I am looking for advice on the order I should buy equipment. I currently have a 15 gal display and a 10 gal sump im currently limited on space. I'm currently looking to buy a house however the market is thin to say the least. I am expecting to move within the next 6 or 7 months. My moving plan is to use my 40 gal to transfer to the new house as a temporary setup. When I buy the house I will see what I have for space then order a tank based on the house I buy, I plan on having a tank that will be somewhere between 75 - 180 gallons as the final home. Im looking to buy equipment that I can use and continue to use after I upgrade. I currently dose 4 part triton @ 1.5ml per day. I am trying to buy more equipment to limit future expenses and get some stuff now and I would like recommendations on what to buy. I'm not sure if I should hold off on a doser and get a controller or what. I know I shouldnt get anything like a skimmer because that needs to be sized to my final system. I will take any recommendations on equipment and brands please!!

My current equipment list is as follows
2 MP10
1 AI Prime
1 Tunze 9001 Skimmer
1 small BRS media reactor
1 100w heater
1 Tunze ATO

Last edited:

Shirak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hmm Most equipment that would work with a 75-180 is going to be way too big for the 15. I see you don't have an ATO listed. That would be my first purchase! For your small system now it's not a real big deal to add a little water each day but when you are talking 75-180 display you are looking at a gallon or more a day depending on your setup and local humidity etc.

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Black friday sales will have some MAP stuff go on sale. If you like the primes get 1 or 2 more. If you like the mp10's look at getting 1 or 2 mp40's. If you are thinking Apex or another controller now would be the time. Maybe a bigger heater or 2 of them.

OP
OP
mcdrichj

mcdrichj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hmm Most equipment that would work with a 75-180 is going to be way too big for the 15. I see you don't have an ATO listed. That would be my first purchase! For your small system now it's not a real big deal to add a little water each day but when you are talking 75-180 display you are looking at a gallon or more a day depending on your setup and local humidity etc.
I forgot I do have a Tunze ATO

OP
OP
mcdrichj

mcdrichj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was thinking about a dosing pump but I also want to get an apex. I havent seen any deals on the Apex systems yet. I am thinking about going with the ApexEL because ORP isnt that important to me.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 40 43.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 21.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 31 33.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.2%
Back