Equipment recs? Single head dose pump for AFR in a nano.

Townes_Van_Camp

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I won't be dosing more than 15ml a day. I'd like to do that in increments rather than just dumping my AFR in every morning.

I love the idea behind all of the kamoer wifi single head pumps. But they've upgraded to a new model. F1 instead of X1. I don't want to buy a end of life product but the F1 is apparently garbage. Wifi problems I can handle. But double dosing is no bueno.

What other options are out there. I really don't want to use a Kasa strip and plug into that. It's so sloppy and I try hard to keep my wires tidy.

Other option is just dump in 7.5ml 2x daily.

TheSheff

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could use a BRS doser, they are pretty reliable. You just need a wifi timer to control when and how long it doses. Pretty affordable too.

OP
OP
Townes_Van_Camp

Townes_Van_Camp

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could use a BRS doser, they are pretty reliable. You just need a wifi timer to control when and how long it doses. Pretty affordable too.
I thought about doing that. It's how I do my ato. Reefbreeders Prism on a wifi outlet timer. It gets 4 - 1 minute shots a day.

TheSheff

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought about doing that. It's how I do my ato. Reefbreeders Prism on a wifi outlet timer. It gets 4 - 1 minute shots a day.
I would recommend it for sure then since you're already familiar with it. I used to dose kalkwasser with it and never had any issues.

OP
OP
Townes_Van_Camp

Townes_Van_Camp

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would recommend it for sure then since you're already familiar with it. I used to dose kalkwasser with it and never had any issues.
To be perfectly honest, the idea of dosing AFR through my ATO like this doesn't sound too bad. I have an optical back up sensor and I'm on a timer. I know there is a little bit of risk there, that I need to think through. I'm not sold 100% on the idea yet.

TheSheff

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To be perfectly honest, the idea of dosing AFR through my ATO like this doesn't sound too bad. I have an optical back up sensor and I'm on a timer. I know there is a little bit of risk there, that I need to think through. I'm not sold 100% on the idea yet.
I've never heard of someone doing that. Why go through the trouble and guesswork of putting it in your ATO when you could just put it on a doser though?

Hooz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where are you hearing bad things about the Kamoer? I have multiple X1 Pro 2 pumps that I've been using for years without any dosing related issues. An app update broke my phone connectivity for a bit, but that got sorted in pretty short order, and it didn't affect my actual dosing.

I like the X1 Pros so much that I bought an X5S for a new tank build.

OP
OP
Townes_Van_Camp

Townes_Van_Camp

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've never heard of someone doing that. Why go through the trouble and guesswork of putting it in your ATO when you could just put it on a doser though?
It's a valid point and the reason I haven't put that stuff in my ATO. I actually can't seem to just quit dosing 2 part. I've done it this way for a long time.

But the thought originally stemmed for brainstorming a way to dose and wait for the firmware on kamoers newest wifi pump to be corrected. That once the firmware was fixed I could put the Kamoer F1 on both of my tanks and dose AFR.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Townes_Van_Camp

Townes_Van_Camp

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where are you hearing bad things about the Kamoer? I have multiple X1 Pro 2 pumps that I've been using for years without any dosing related issues. An app update broke my phone connectivity for a bit, but that got sorted in pretty short order, and it didn't affect my actual dosing.

I like the X1 Pros so much that I bought an X5S for a new tank build.
Not anything bad about the pumps at all. Quite the contrary. But the connectivity has me concerned. I've heard tons of terrible about it. And the new wifi pump they make is apparently double dosing people's tanks. Most of those are from posts ive seen here.

Apparently kamoer is working on a firmware correction now. That's the pump id like to buy. After it's fixed.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 5.5%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 119 81.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.1%
Back