Looking for a manual kalk dosing pump

bbgobie

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm currently using a brs 1.1ml doser for kalk at night. I'm looking for a pump that will work on a timer that can flow more.

Ideally there's some sort of manual speed adjustment and the pump will come on when electricity is applied.

I see a lot of Kamoer dosing pumps for laps online that would seem to fit the bill. Is there anything I should be looking for?

An example is the Kamoer KCP X. It seems to have a decent flow range for the application, heads that can be replaced and the price is great. Any reason not to go this route? I'd control on off cycles with my ghl same as I do currently.

topjimmy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm currently using a brs 1.1ml doser for kalk at night. I'm looking for a pump that will work on a timer that can flow more.

Ideally there's some sort of manual speed adjustment and the pump will come on when electricity is applied.

I see a lot of Kamoer dosing pumps for laps online that would seem to fit the bill. Is there anything I should be looking for?

An example is the Kamoer KCP X. It seems to have a decent flow range for the application, heads that can be replaced and the price is great. Any reason not to go this route? I'd control on off cycles with my ghl same as I do currently.
I was looking for exactly the same thing, trying to use it as my ATO with Kalk. The BRS 1.1 Couldn't keep up. I just set my ATO back up and use my GHL doser to administer the Kalk. It's actually working pretty well since I don't have a big demand for alk.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 82 56.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.9%
Back