Kaomer xr1 & he so DP-2 Dosing Pump

mr.lordacan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

I’m going on vacation in late January and looking to order/setup a simple dosing pump for the 5 days I’ll be away. I only plan to dose Tropic Marin All For Reef (15mL/day).

I’m trying to find a cost effective dosing pump. I like to manually dose (work from home allows me to stay on top of this), so this pump is mainly for vacation. Any feedback on the following -
Kaomer xr1 dosing pump
jebao DP-2 dosing pump
Kaomer F1 - I saw that this has issues with double dosing, but also noticed a lot of those complaints were related to 0.1mL doses and wondering if it has something to do with the quantity? Idk, but seems this one is unreliable.

Not looking to spend a few hundred dollars on dosers such as the Red Sea reef doser.

Any feedback is appreciated!

ryanjohn1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kaomer here too. 2 of the small ones. Just make sure you calibrate it properly and you’re good to go. If you lived near me I’d give you one

OP
OP
mr.lordacan

mr.lordacan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kaomer here too. 2 of the small ones. Just make sure you calibrate it properly and you’re good to go. If you lived near me I’d give you one
How was setup on the Kaomer? Was it straight forward/easy? I don’t mind doing a little extra work if it’s reliable, just curious. They really call out that it doesn’t support 5g WiFi. I have a Triband router though, so that shouldn’t be an issue

ryanjohn1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How was setup on the Kaomer? Was it straight forward/easy? I don’t mind doing a little extra work if it’s reliable, just curious. They really call out that it doesn’t support 5g WiFi. I have a Triband router though, so that shouldn’t be an issue
Really simple. Like 5 min and you’re good to go. Hardest part is it’s a 24 hr clock so you gotta do a bit of maths

OP
OP
mr.lordacan

mr.lordacan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really simple. Like 5 min and you’re good to go. Hardest part is it’s a 24 hr clock so you gotta do a bit of maths
Alright, hoping you can give a bit of advice, cause I’m struggling with the manual and online search lol..

I got the x1 pro T2 setup and calibrated, however I’m struggling to figure out how to get it set to auto dose. I’ve setup the dosing schedule in the attached photo… but the start buttons seem to make it manually turn on/off.
Thought I had this up and running, but it never turned on for the 12:00 run time

I feel like I’m missing something obvious here lol
IMG_8011.png

OP
OP
mr.lordacan

mr.lordacan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe get out of that speed setting?!
This is all the app shows me outside of the auto speed vs manual for software updates and calibration. I’m lost on how I actually setup the dosing increments. Everything online is just about connecting to WiFi. Seems I’m having the opposite struggle haha

Attachments

• IMG_8012.png
    IMG_8012.png
    29.1 KB · Views: 11
OP
OP
mr.lordacan

mr.lordacan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The process should be, connect, calibrate, set dosing schedule, execute schedule. In a perfect world.
And I’m seeing “plans of speed” but I can’t find anything to prompt setting up an actual dosing schedule.. the screen shot I have only allows for a start time and flow rate. No specific dosing amounts.

And the manual is not helpful outside of WiFi connection and calibration.

OP
OP
mr.lordacan

mr.lordacan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And I’m seeing “plans of speed” but I can’t find anything to prompt setting up an actual dosing schedule.. the screen shot I have only allows for a start time and flow rate. No specific dosing amounts.

And the manual is not helpful outside of WiFi connection and calibration.
Nevermind just found my issue. New to all this and just realized it’s a continuous doser and doesn’t keep have a dosing schedule

OP
OP
mr.lordacan

mr.lordacan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ugghhh well that's not gonna work.
Nope, not for the little I’m dosing a day! I was going back/forth on a couple different pumps and completely missed that the pro T2 didn’t say you could dose in increments (didn’t say it was continuous only either) lol. Oversight on my part, luckily I purchased through Amazon so returning this one and just ordered the pro T! So that’ll fix my problems haha.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 135 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.9%

Back