Equipment suggestions and photos of the 40.1?

jasonamyers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm really interested in the 40.1 vs the Reefer Nano. I like all the extra water in the sump with the 40.1. What kinda of skimmers fit this system, do you have details photos/measurements of all the plumbing and sump chambers?

Waterbox Aquariums

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
waterbox sizes graphic.PNG

OP
OP
jasonamyers

jasonamyers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any chance you have photos of one of these plumbed?

Waterbox Aquariums

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Couldn't find any from trade show but I have these. Let me know if that is good, might be able to get others tomorrow

pecan2phat

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Question WB,
How do you tighten the bulkheads in the external overflow for the 40.1? There's no way to get your hand in there since the overflow is quite narrow.

Waterbox Aquariums

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Question WB,
How do you tighten the bulkheads in the external overflow for the 40.1? There's no way to get your hand in there since the overflow is quite narrow.

You should be able to tighten everything just by holding the top plumbing and tightening from bottom of overflow box. Should be no need to put your hands down on the bulkhead in the overflow box :) Let me know how it goes.

Jess

pecan2phat

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay.
Just need to plumb and tighten with the fore mentioned method before placement on the stand since the mating pipes are angled, thanks.

pecan2phat

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One more for you Jess.
On the external overflow box cover, there is one with a cut out, what light mounting bracket was this cutout designed for?
And... what is the bag of white plastic corner braces that came with the stand for?
Thanks.

Perry

Follow me on IG- perrys_reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One more for you Jess.
On the external overflow box cover, there is one with a cut out, what light mounting bracket was this cutout designed for?
And... what is the bag of white plastic corner braces that came with the stand for?
Thanks.

Hello, not Jess, but do support WB and all Deepwater brands as well. Jess is sales and spends much time with that as well as support. I will be handling these type of questions moving forward. I work mainly remote, so I will compile questions, and update weekly from the office. The corner braces are for further bracing, not necessary, but some do like the extra peace of mind. I do not believe that any cut out design was made specific, likely just a standardized cut out. I will look into it and update. Apologies for the delay :)

pecan2phat

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Perry!
Jess did email me after I emailed Waterbox. She said exactly what you stated that the cutout is not specific for an HMS or RMS mount.

Waterbox Aquariums

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So you have a picture or diagram of the sump layout that's labeled? I'm curious where the ATO chamber is and whether it might be repurposed as a refugium.

I made this real quick off of a 40.1 sump we have here at our office. Nothing fancy for diagram but should do the trick :)

sump40.1labeled.jpg

Aaron Gustafson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, so it looks like it may be possible to turn the ATO change into a refugium, provided I can figure out a good way to get water in & out of it. Is the glass drillable? Would it be possible to put a flow through of some kind on the two sides of the ’fuge?

Waterbox Aquariums

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Waterbox Aquariums

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But also in answer to question about if can drill sump, yes it can be drilled. It does of course void any warranty on the sump, etc.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 65 39.6%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 21.3%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 58 35.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.7%
Back