April floods!

Joekovar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got home from work today and saw water on the floor. Having been on guard for April fools all day my first thought was haha funny. Then I realized I live alone and the panic set in...

Fortunately it was my frag system sump and not too bad. I've been experimenting with a 50 micron nylon filter sock and had it kinda rigged in place as I don't have a proper mount setup yet. It clogged and allowed about 10G of water to overflow out onto the tile floor. The plumbing feeds back into the sump in addition to the tubs, and this allowed the pump to just keep recirculating in the sump once the water level got too low to push into the tubs. Though the pump has dry run protection anyway. Wavemakers kept oxygen up without the skimmer. The skimmer is in a compartment so it just super skimmed the same water for awhile.

Ironically, I had 10G of water ready to go as I planned on doing a water change after work anyway. I think it took less time to towel/mop up the water than it typically does to siphon it out.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 63 75.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 10 11.9%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 7.1%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back