OP
Erin O

Erin O

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a Black Widow BTA from New Jersey today! She's seems to still be sulking a bit from her trip. I can't wait to see how she looks tomorrow ;Happy
20210512_180332.jpg
20210512_151735.jpg

She REALLY wants to be near that rainbow lol

OP
OP
Erin O

Erin O

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm so jealous that your BTA's actually B
Not all of them do. I have 4 in that same tank that don't B at all lol
hi .i don't think you want the BW near other nems.. @Eagle_Steve @F i s h y ??
She's slowly moving the other way. I dropped her farther to the left, she decided to go right lol. That other BTA has been reaching out a tentacle to her occasionally and touching one of the BW's tents, but it doesn't seem aggressive. The BW doesn't have her foot set yet, so if I need to move her, I will.

F i s h y

2nd In Command. Where is Frank's firebug badge?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not all of them do. I have 4 in that same tank that don't B at all lol

She's slowly moving the other way. I dropped her farther to the left, she decided to go right lol. That other BTA has been reaching out a tentacle to her occasionally and touching one of the BW's tents, but it doesn't seem aggressive. The BW doesn't have her foot set yet, so if I need to move her, I will.
I have not had any luck mixing BW with any other bta... I had one with a rbta and several rainbows... had the rainbows for 8 months prior... they quickly went from beautiful to toast in about 3 weeks. The rbta started showing signs of stress and split. One split didn't make it the other declined. I removed the BW and the rbta came back full force and is still in my old roommates tank. I dont know the exact causes but the only thing that changed was the BW.... hopefully others have better advice...

But I won't mix them again...

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have not had any luck mixing BW with any other bta... I had one with a rbta and several rainbows... had the rainbows for 8 months prior... they quickly went from beautiful to toast in about 3 weeks. The rbta started showing signs of stress and split. One split didn't make it the other declined. I removed the BW and the rbta came back full force and is still in my old roommates tank. I dont know the exact causes but the only thing that changed was the BW.... hopefully others have better advice...

But I won't mix them again...
Could the bw be excreting something as offence?

F i s h y

2nd In Command. Where is Frank's firebug badge?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yes i have heard same ,name"BLACK WIDOW"... :oops: ...at this point keep them as far apart as poss..:)
Watch for the tents reaching, like we texted about. If the bta starts gaping or anything, one will need to move.

OP
OP
Erin O

Erin O

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@fishguy242

Ok, Frank, here's an update on the BW. She's still alive. She spent the last few days cuddling up with the rbta, "holding hands" and such. No aggression on either of their parts. Last night, the BW decided to move a couple of inches to the left and she has finally set her foot. So far, so good :)
20210516_125138.jpg

DiefsReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@fishguy242

Ok, Frank, here's an update on the BW. She's still alive. She spent the last few days cuddling up with the rbta, "holding hands" and such. No aggression on either of their parts. Last night, the BW decided to move a couple of inches to the left and she has finally set her foot. So far, so good :)
20210516_125138.jpg
Glad thats working out. Shes awesome

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Almost touches the back and front glass. Its also wrapping around a rock.
20210517_225736.jpg

One of these days I'll have the cahoonies. To frag it
Is that a sinularia?

Mine was the first thing I ever fragged. It was Super easy. My main donor colony even looked better after removing about half.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 14.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 7.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 80 55.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 7.0%
Back