OP
Erin O

Erin O

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had been tossing around the idea of getting live rock from TBS instead of my lfs, since I really want the good hitchhikers that come with it (I know I would get bad ones too, but I think its worth the risk). I emailed them today to see what their timeline is and he said it would be at least a month before I was able to get it. I really don't want to wait a month, so it looks like I'm stuck with the stuff from the lfs :(

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had been tossing around the idea of getting live rock from TBS instead of my lfs, since I really want the good hitchhikers that come with it (I know I would get bad ones too, but I think its worth the risk). I emailed them today to see what their timeline is and he said it would be at least a month before I was able to get it. I really don't want to wait a month, so it looks like I'm stuck with the stuff from the lfs :(

TBS is way back-ordered because of the bad weather, seas and inability to pick from their aquaculture farm. I know it's a bummer but I'm sure they'd truly prefer not to be in the situation they are in presently.

OP
OP
Erin O

Erin O

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
TBS is way back-ordered because of the bad weather, seas and inability to pick from their aquaculture farm. I know it's a bummer but I'm sure they'd truly prefer not to be in the situation they are in presently.
Oh, I agree! I just wish I would have gotten my butt in gear on the 29g months ago when I had originally started planning on making the switch from FW instead of deciding to skip the 29 and go straight to the 75 lol. Oh, well. Maybe I'll be able to get some from them later on down the road

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh, I agree! I just wish I would have gotten my butt in gear on the 29g months ago when I had originally started planning on making the switch from FW instead of deciding to skip the 29 and go straight to the 75 lol. Oh, well. Maybe I'll be able to get some from them later on down the road

You keep saying the wrong thing but I know that you know that we all know you mean the 125g.

OP
OP
Erin O

Erin O

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bad idea? NO
Not sure how beneficial it would be though either...maybe some biodiversity!?
I'm going to be ordering one of the packages, but I was going to order one of the smaller ones (instead of the 29g package; my husband tends to be chea...um, price conscious :rolleyes: lol), so I wanted to know if I should push for ordering more sand than what is in the package or if I can get away with just adding it to pre-bagged stuff

OP
OP
Erin O

Erin O

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
29g water changes should be fine flour a while
Oh, thank goodness! I mean, I have time to get a skimmer, since it will be at least a month before my rock is shipped, but I wanted to have a little bit of time to get used to running SW before I add another piece of equipment lol. Thanks Stefan :)

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh, thank goodness! I mean, I have time to get a skimmer, since it will be at least a month before my rock is shipped, but I wanted to have a little bit of time to get used to running SW before I add another piece of equipment lol. Thanks Stefan :)
Your welcome

Lowell Lemon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol! I've called him My Cow for 20 years. When we first started dating, he'd belch, I'd call him a f*#kin' cow. It became a term of endearment lol.

The more I think about a FW sump for the 125, the more I like the idea. I think he'll like it too, once I have him read up on them.
If you called him your cash Cow I would totally understand!

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use the American Marine Pinpoint Salinity Monitor and I love it. It measures conductivity, but it is an easy conversion. Very accurate and holds its calibration very well. Compensates its reading automatically for the temperature.

OP
OP
Erin O

Erin O

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, turns out that my husband doesn't really want me to do the saltwater thing. He says that he doesn't want to spend the money on it. I just want to cry! I thought I had his support, and to find out that he was basically just playing along just breaks my heart :(:mad:

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 34.7%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 17 23.6%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 16.7%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back