24 clams
1lb of muscles
1qt of shucked oysters
1/2 lb fish
3/4 lb shrimp
.75 oz freezed dreid mysis
1.75 oz of frozen plankton.

This should last me a while.
I usually use fish eggs as well but I was unable to source them.

20220521_184223.jpg
I cut into strips than chunks. In this way I can control portions for my bosses tank. And I haven't gotten around to ordering the trays.

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The smell is the worst part. Fish just love the chum. Yuk.
I don't find it to bad. No worse than red lobster. The worst part is shucking clams and muscles. Yesterday was the first time I didnt stab my self shucking the little beasts.

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My angels keep stupid Bruce in check. He's a model citizen

I really don't have much of a plan, at this point. I'm considering a predator tank, but I also think it would be pretty cool to have a bunch of small fish in there
i vote preds.

OP
OP
Erin O

Erin O

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am over keeping big fish. Hand feeding was fun though. The amount of food they eat. Got expensive.
I like the little guys. A drop here and there. I just get to enjoy them swimming around. Even though I don't have many now :(
Another consideration I have is that, because of the way the tank is positioned, it will have a side view aquascape, similar to @najer's set up. To be honest, I'm kind of excited about that prospect. I think it'll be fun getting the rock to show depth

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Another consideration I have is that, because of the way the tank is positioned, it will have a side view aquascape, similar to @najer's set up. To be honest, I'm kind of excited about that prospect. I think it'll be fun getting the rock to show depth
Side views give a whole different accept of tank viewing. Just like top view. It's always fun seeing everyone from a different side. Especially on how fish react. "Why you over there? Why you up there? Where's my food?" Even though they are probably just thinking "food?"

Edit: pred fish, depending on species, will spit water at you asking for food. No, not kidding here. Spit, splash, anything to get your attention.
I don't find it to bad. No worse than red lobster. The worst part is shucking clams and muscles. Yesterday was the first time I didnt stab my self shucking the little beasts.
That's the thing, I cannot stand the smell. I will while making it. The moment I can bag it and toss it in the freezer. Clean up asap and deodorizing as soon as I can. At least the smell doesn't linger like fish.
Cut my self plenty of times, went with a dull knife to remove the meat from shells.

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Side views give a whole different accept of tank viewing. Just like top view. It's always fun seeing everyone from a different side. Especially on how fish react. "Why you over there? Why you up there? Where's my food?" Even though they are probably just thinking "food?"

Edit: pred fish, depending on species, will spit water at you asking for food. No, not kidding here. Spit, splash, anything to get your attention.

That's the thing, I cannot stand the smell. I will while making it. The moment I can bag it and toss it in the freezer. Clean up asap and deodorizing as soon as I can. At least the smell doesn't linger like fish.
Cut my self plenty of times, went with a dull knife to remove the meat from shells.
I use a shicking knife and a spoon to clean out the shell.

NowGlazeIT

Happy to help, Ask away.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lots o fish, with appetites and attitudes homie. You'll see in a couple weeks.

At the end of the day, they would make some nice Filets though..
Word, kabobs for the boys…kibble for the lil monsters

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
My male trigger must think he's a predator... He's a playful Spitter for sure!
He's a trigger. Most triggers are predators/hunters. Puffers, triggers, very large tangs, grouper, larger angel fish, I am trying to remember the other... They all seem to have a spitting personality.

lionfish I have never witnessed those behaviors.

Edit: emperor angelfish also, will "bark, grunt" whatever the sound is, for food. I wish I took videos.

Back