Erin O's 75G Build

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wait a minute, what are you guys dragging me into over here??? I'm too busy combing over my tank in my ninja outfit to make sure I got rid of every one of those dust particles;Watching;Watching;Watching

At least I'm not the only one lol

By the way, @NY_Caveman, after I read your post I looked up the dimensions of a 200g. Turns out I have the PERFECT spot for it ;) ;Hilarious

Yeah, you're going to need to buy one now, decisions unanimous;Happy

OP
OP
Erin O

Erin O

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We are all in this together. Don't worry @JoshH and @Fin don't have theirs done yet . They are trying to figure out whose is dryer and cleaner. Its a journey
In my defense, my tank IS wet right now. It just has the wrong kind of water, fish and decor in it ;) LOL

OP
OP
Erin O

Erin O

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So tonight, while I was making dinner, I just "happened" to leave my computer open to a picture of a coral beauty. Evie saw it and has decided that we can get one of those instead of the flame. However, she still insists that we need the lemon peel as well, and that 2 dwarf angels can live together in our 75g because "our other angels live together and they're doing just fine" :rolleyes: LOL

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So tonight, while I was making dinner, I just "happened" to leave my computer open to a picture of a coral beauty. Evie saw it and has decided that we can get one of those instead of the flame. However, she still insists that we need the lemon peel as well, and that 2 dwarf angels can live together in our 75g because "our other angels live together and they're doing just fine" :rolleyes: LOL
Baby steps. Little one sw angels won't do well together in a 75g. You will need a much bigger tank. A 210g would be good

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@NY_Caveman, after I read your post I looked up the dimensions of a 200g. Turns out I have the PERFECT spot for it ;) ;Hilarious
LOL, Oh, I know. Your daughter texted me in crayon to suggest it.

OP
OP
Erin O

Erin O

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ugh!!! My in-laws decided to stay in Texas for who knows how much longer. Which means that I have to wait even LONGER to get the 75g converted. Ok, so here's the deal. Whichever tank gets emptied first (the 29g or the 75g) will be the first to get switched to SW. Right now, the 29g has about 30 two week old angelfish fry. (Stefan! I FINALLY have angelfish babies! And I am so disappointed about it lol)

C'mon baby fishies! Grow, grow, GROW!!! Mama wants a saltwater tank! Lol

sfin52

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ugh!!! My in-laws decided to stay in Texas for who knows how much longer. Which means that I have to wait even LONGER to get the 75g converted. Ok, so here's the deal. Whichever tank gets emptied first (the 29g or the 75g) will be the first to get switched to SW. Right now, the 29g has about 30 two week old angelfish fry. (Stefan! I FINALLY have angelfish babies! And I am so disappointed about it lol)

C'mon baby fishies! Grow, grow, GROW!!! Mama wants a saltwater tank! Lol
That's awesome. So how are you raising them

OP
OP
Erin O

Erin O

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's awesome. So how are you raising them
They're 2 separate spawns from my 2 pairs. Right now, I'm feeding bbs 4 times a day with daily water changes. I'll probably start introducing flake food in a couple of weeks. Hopefully they'll grow quickly. There aren't many PB angels in my area, so I'm hoping they'll go fast once they're ready to be sold

DownSouthBandit

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone! Im pretty new to R2R. I've read this whole build thread, all 17 pages, tonight and everyones input is also helping me on what to do with my build. @Erin O I happen to have an Ocean Revive light I wouldn't mind sending your way if you go that route. I seen a link somewhere on google where they DIY'd a bracket to hold their light on top if their tank. I just ordered the 45" SB Reeflight for my 75g.

edit: here's the link to that diy light stand.

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone! Im pretty new to R2R. I've read this whole build thread, all 17 pages, tonight and everyones input is also helping me on what to do with my build. @Erin O I happen to have an Ocean Revive light I wouldn't mind sending your way if you go that route. I seen a link somewhere on google where they DIY'd a bracket to hold their light on top if their tank. I just ordered the 45" SB Reeflight for my 75g.

Welcome to R2R @DownSouthBandit ! Very nice of you to offer the OR lights!

Some of us are crazy for fish. Some of us are crazy for coral. Some of us are crazy for fish and coral. And some of us are just plain crazy!

giphy.gif

DownSouthBandit

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R @DownSouthBandit ! Very nice of you to offer the OR lights!

Some of us are crazy for fish. Some of us are crazy for coral. Some of us are crazy for fish and coral. And some of us are just plain crazy!

giphy.gif
;Hilarious;Hilarious That’s how I feel when I look at everything I’ve ordered the past 2 weeks lol. Cigars are my other hobby and I’ve got some nice Cubans coming my way lol. As far as the light it’s been sitting at the top of my closet for over a year and a half. If someone else could put it to good use then have at it. With as much thought as she’s putting into this tank I know it’ll be going to a great home to grow amazing looking corals.

sfin52

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

That's an amazing offer. Good to have you aboard.

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anything to help out a fellow reefer.

Well, as it turns out, I could use a new, custom made, 750g DT. Don't worry though as I'll build the stand and hood myself! ;)

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually, I could build the tank myself so all you would have to do is pay for the glass. See how much I care? I'm already saving you money! ;)

OP
OP
Erin O

Erin O

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, not tank related, but funny. I was showing my 2 year old how to connect two of his toys together. After I connected them, he looked at them with his "puzzled" face on and said "What the buck?!" I about DIED!!! What makes it even more funny to me is the fact that this kid REFUSES to talk. He says, like, 6 words. And when he finally strings words together in a sentence, this is what he comes up with! ;Hilarious ;Hilarious ;Hilarious

On another note, looks like I need to be more vigilant in watching what I say LOL

OP
OP
Erin O

Erin O

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Katrina71, I'm working on reading through your Miracle build thread, and I've hit the part about QT (page 24). From what I gather, you don't QT? It looked like there were a few others that said they don't either. Can you walk me through this? I was under the impression that SW critters should always be QT'ed.

Back