Erin O's 75G Build

DownSouthBandit

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Katrina71 any thoughts on this since your are going through setting up a new tank.
Next week and I'll be setting up mine. 40lbs of dry rock came in today. I have about 40lbs curing in a container since I broke the 75 down along with another 15-20lbs of live rock that in my established 29g. My light comes in tomorrow, wavemakers come in Thursday. I'll probably get my girlfriend to pick up the Fx6 filter Thursday. And I should be home Saturday or Sunday.

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry about not getting back to you on your biodiversity question @Erin O . However, you already received many good answers. I will only add that, personally, I would not start a new system without live rock. I could go on about this but presently lack the time to do so. Also, if you have the ability to add live rock from different systems it will help with biodiverseness. Hey, maybe if you ask very nicely, you can talk a few members into sending you a piece or two of live rock from their systems! ;)

OP
OP
Erin O

Erin O

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry about not getting back to you on your biodiversity question @Erin O . However, you already received many good answers. I will only add that, personally, I would not start a new system without live rock. I could go on about this but presently lack the time to do so. Also, if you have the ability to add live rock from different systems it will help with biodiverseness. Hey, maybe if you ask very nicely, you can talk a few members into sending you a piece or two of live rock from their systems! ;)
What a lovely idea! I'll have to remember to do that when I finally get the tank set up. Thank you! :)

OP
OP
Erin O

Erin O

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Erin O I looked at the tidal filters you could mod it for a refugium. The difference between the two is the media holding area. It's much bigger in the aqua clear. It makes a better refugium.
Its funny you posted that. I was comparing them last night and came to the same conclusion lol. Oh, and I just CASUALLY, in passing, said something to my husband about switching the 125g to SW instead. I mean, all the fish we have can go into the 75g and the 29g. It would be great! He said no. He's such a buzz kill sometimes lol

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its funny you posted that. I was comparing them last night and came to the same conclusion lol. Oh, and I just CASUALLY, in passing, said something to my husband about switching the 125g to SW instead. I mean, all the fish we have can go into the 75g and the 29g. It would be great! He said no. He's such a buzz kill sometimes lol

See, and there is the issue... you mentioned it to him. Just set it up and then act all shocked when he says anything. Lol

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I fourth did a Power outage test. I flipped off the power and did a water change and removed the intake tubes. I filled the tank back up and flipped power back on. Not a problem in the world with it running normally. If you removed all the water from from the aquaclear it will not self prime. I'm confident in it running normally after a power outage.

OP
OP
Erin O

Erin O

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I fourth did a Power outage test. I flipped off the power and did a water change and removed the intake tubes. I filled the tank back up and flipped power back on. Not a problem in the world with it running normally. If you removed all the water from from the aquaclear it will not self prime. I'm confident in it running normally after a power outage.
Thank you :)

DownSouthBandit

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Remember you're the woman...you have ALL the power in the marriage ;Hilarious;Hilarious

OP
OP
Erin O

Erin O

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Remember you're the woman...you have ALL the power in the marriage ;Hilarious;Hilarious
Ah, yes! I knew there was a reason I should have been telling him what's what and laying the smack down! Thank you for reminding me ;Hilarious ;Hilarious ;Hilarious

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@crusso1993! I'm diggin' the new profile pic! I had to do a double take to make sure it was you lol

Thank you! The real question, however, is; is it really me? ;Hilarious ;) ;Hilarious

wmo168

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been looking at the simple damsel because I want some blue in my tank and it seems like damsels are the only fish that have the blue that I'm looking for lol. Can you suggest any other bold blue fish?
i want blue too and tang is more difficult and glow big so I added a blue and yellow tail damsel. It gets along wit my purple firefish. Goby and others. The key is add it last and also buy it very very small. They all get along and swim next to each other. I only see them bully each other on first few days but everyone is happy. No one hiding and always go around the tank

OP
OP
Erin O

Erin O

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i want blue too and tang is more difficult and glow big so I added a blue and yellow tail damsel. It gets along wit my purple firefish. Goby and others. The key is add it last and also buy it very very small. They all get along and swim next to each other. I only see them bully each other on first few days but everyone is happy. No one hiding and always go around the tank
I'm definitely still considering a damsel to get my blue. I have to, because I'm having a hard time finding the blue I want. I'm hoping that, since I only want one, it'll work out for me. Most of the horror stories I hear about have multiple damsels involved

OP
OP
Erin O

Erin O

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a dream last night that I added a bunch of zebra barred dartfish in my tank. I guess that means that I'll have to get some when I finally get my tank set up lol.
I'm getting really frustrated with all this waiting! How do I tell my F-i-L to get my tank stands done already, dangit!!! But, you know, in a polite way. Lol. I know he'll get them done. I'm just getting impatient

Back