Erin O's 75G Build

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We got hit with a round of nasty storms this morning. I was at the barn when it happened. Up to 80 mile per hour winds! Power has been out at home for hours. I really hope this doesn't screw up my tanks :oops:
Oh no! Hope you and the tanks are okay! Horsies too!

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
do you have any way to airate tanks??

NY_Caveman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally got our power back on today. We lost our neon goby overnight, but everyone else seems to be doing well. Time for some large water changes and cleaning the filters :)
Did you get you battery air pumps too? Of course the day you get it the power resumes. Still good to have handy.

NY_Caveman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
SPAM
38B532BF-D2AA-49EB-83EA-8F54E9B19DFD.jpeg

OP
OP
Erin O

Erin O

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
too quiet here :p
WP_20200817_06_06_17_Pro.jpg

Just not a whole heck of a lot going on with the tanks right now. I'm still trying to decide whether or not to get a light for the 29g (so I can add corals to that one, too), since I'm almost positive that I will be taking it down once I get the 75 up and running

NY_Caveman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just not a whole heck of a lot going on with the tanks right now. I'm still trying to decide whether or not to get a light for the 29g (so I can add corals to that one, too), since I'm almost positive that I will be taking it down once I get the 75 up and running
See, the quicker you get the 75 going the less stressful your life will be.

OP
OP
Erin O

Erin O

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had my zoa for a little over a month and I've counted 14 new "flowers" on it, even with the power outage! Time for another! Lol

Right now, I'm trying to decide if I should get a new coral now, or wait until I've got the light situation taken care of in the 29 and put it in there. I'll be moving the one I have now over to the 29, as well

OP
OP
Erin O

Erin O

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Big things happening this weekend! We got our RODI late last week, and Rod is setting it up now. I should be able to start making my own saltwater starting tonight or tomorrow. Yay! Also, we broke down, and decided to hang the OR lights, so the new plan is: hang the light, break down the 10 (moving everything to the 29), and move the 29 over to where the 10 is now. Rod and my F-i-L will hopefully be starting on the stand for the 75 in a couple of weeks. As far as the 75, we were making plans for it this morning. We are trying to decide if we want to get rock from TBS or KP Aquatics. I'm leaning toward TBS, because we can get the "Package", with shipping, for about the same price as getting just rock from KP. Looks like there's a good chance that my goal of having the 75 set up by the end of the year may actually happen!

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Big things happening this weekend! We got our RODI late last week, and Rod is setting it up now. I should be able to start making my own saltwater starting tonight or tomorrow. Yay! Also, we broke down, and decided to hang the OR lights, so the new plan is: hang the light, break down the 10 (moving everything to the 29), and move the 29 over to where the 10 is now. Rod and my F-i-L will hopefully be starting on the stand for the 75 in a couple of weeks. As far as the 75, we were making plans for it this morning. We are trying to decide if we want to get rock from TBS or KP Aquatics. I'm leaning toward TBS, because we can get the "Package", with shipping, for about the same price as getting just rock from KP. Looks like there's a good chance that my goal of having the 75 set up by the end of the year may actually happen!

Gotta love a little jump start enabling! :)

Back