Erin O's 75G Build

Smirkish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, you have a gorgeous boy there, Erin! And it looks like you both had fun. I bet he was spoiled after this. ;Happy Bays are my favorite. My last horse was a bay but he passed away a few years back. Love the video, and lovely place you have there. Horse heaven! Do you guys compete often?

PS: You should give out an award for best behavior while you’re gone next time. First place gets an honorary title and an imaginary stick to shake at everyone else who was naughty.

Reefing_addiction

Corals and Cronies over Crack
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Erin O

Erin O

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, you have a gorgeous boy there, Erin! And it looks like you both had fun. I bet he was spoiled after this. ;Happy Bays are my favorite. My last horse was a bay but he passed away a few years back. Love the video, and lovely place you have there. Horse heaven! Do you guys compete often?

PS: You should give out an award for best behavior while you’re gone next time. First place gets an honorary title and an imaginary stick to shake at everyone else who was naughty.
Thank you! We did have fun! And he is spoiled rotten lol. With the exception of June, we have a show every month at our barn through October. We actually have two shows there in July, one is a schooling show and one is a rated show. There are several shows off property that some of our riders go to, but those are EXPENSIVE! I'd need sponsors to be able to ride at those shows LOL

I'm sorry to hear about your baby. Do you think you'll get another horse some day?
Congrats! Love horses! One day I’ll own a pair! I rode was I was younger. It’s been awhile since I’ve been on one but riding a horse is like riding a bike, you never forget!
You never forget, but your muscles let you know that it has been a LONG TIME since you last rode LOL. And thank you so much :)

OP
OP
Erin O

Erin O

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a couple of pics this morning
FB_IMG_1621944500575.jpg
FB_IMG_1621944516301.jpg

Smirkish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you! We did have fun! And he is spoiled rotten lol. With the exception of June, we have a show every month at our barn through October. We actually have two shows there in July, one is a schooling show and one is a rated show. There are several shows off property that some of our riders go to, but those are EXPENSIVE! I'd need sponsors to be able to ride at those shows LOL

I'm sorry to hear about your baby. Do you think you'll get another horse some day?
It’s hard not to spoil them. They look at you with them big ole’ eyes. Lol. Can’t wait to see more of you and Finn. Plus we get to take over your thread once a month?! We should sponsor you.

He had a good life. My grandparents actually rescued him and another gelding when my sister and I were about eleven/twelve. (I had been begging for my own horse, and it was through one of the thoroughbred adoption programs. They wrapped up my helmet that year lol.) I moved about seven years ago, and Ace (Best Play) stayed in the country with his buddy Buck (The Buck Stops Here) on my family’s land. I live in “town” now, but if I ever make it back out to the country, I’ll get another horse I’m sure. Miss riding trails.

OP
OP
Erin O

Erin O

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For some reason I thought the hurdles where higher. You two looked great and in sync.
The jumps do look small in those pics for some reason lol. He's a pretty big guy, so that might be part of it. They're actually 2 feet high
It’s hard not to spoil them. They look at you with them big ole’ eyes. Lol. Can’t wait to see more of you and Finn. Plus we get to take over your thread once a month?! We should sponsor you.

He had a good life. My grandparents actually rescued him and another gelding when my sister and I were about eleven/twelve. (I had been begging for my own horse, and it was through one of the thoroughbred adoption programs. They wrapped up my helmet that year lol.) I moved about seven years ago, and Ace (Best Play) stayed in the country with his buddy Buck (The Buck Stops Here) on my family’s land. I live in “town” now, but if I ever make it back out to the country, I’ll get another horse I’m sure. Miss riding trails.
My barn is actually in the city. We're less than 5 minutes from downtown Des Moines. Its a little horsey oasis that not many people know about. The property actually butts up against a state park that covers almost 1500 acres. We can ride in parts of that park and there are always people that are so surprised to see horses as they are walking or biking.

I could never ask you guys to sponsor me. I need too much stuff to actually be able to show in the big shows. To just be able to show, I would need breeches, shirts, at least one coat, tall boots, a new saddle (the one I have now is more than 20 years old and needs several repairs), and I'm sure more things that I haven't even thought about. Not to mention the cost of trailering to the shows, stabling fees while we're there (sometimes these shows will last weeks), and the class fees. We're talking thousands of dollars. English riding is EXPENSIVE!!! Lol

Reefing_addiction

Corals and Cronies over Crack
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

You never forget, but your muscles let you know that it has been a LONG TIME since you last rode LOL. And thank you so much :)
My muscles constantly remind me of how old I’m getting

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 38.2%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 64 33.5%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.1%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.5%
Back