eshopp pf-1000 HOB minimum flow rate

Full Metal Albacore

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 29, 2022
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Location
earth
What state or country do you live in
Kentucky
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have been looking at getting an eshopp pf-1000 HOB for my 100 gallon tank. Drilling is not an option. From what I understand to keep bubbles out of the U-pipe you need to have a high enough flow rate. I can not find any info on what the required flow rate is for the pf-1000. I am currently getting 800-900 gph from my jebao dcp-5000. I plan on improving this by switching from the ribbed pond hosing I am currently using for my return to hard plumbing. There is about 3 feet of vertical distance between the water level of my pump and the top of my tank, there will be about 2.5 feet of horizontal piping and I will have 2 90 degree elbows. All of this plumbing will be 1 1/4" pvc. I imagine with that hard plumbing my output from my return pump will increase but I would still like to know what the minimum flow rate for the pf-1000 is. Would my current flow rate of approximately 850gph be sufficient or would I have bubble build up?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 50 35.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new