Eshopp S-200 Skimmer

Tony888

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone have this skimmer? If so, please share your experience. How long does it take to break it in? Brand new tank with live sand and rock

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Usually about a week for break in on any skimmer. let see if we can get you some more input:)

TonyNguyen

Unkown
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had this skimmer in the past, it takes a week to fully break in. You need to make sure you seal the bottom fully, where the pump is at it can leak out bubbles. All and all it does the job and can do wet or dry skim. Only down side is the cup is small so you may have to dump out more offend. Hope this helps!

OP
OP
T

Tony888

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had this skimmer in the past, it takes a week to fully break in. You need to make sure you seal the bottom fully, where the pump is at it can leak out bubbles. All and all it does the job and can do wet or dry skim. Only down side is the cup is small so you may have to dump out more offend. Hope this helps!
Thank you, Tony.

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone else?

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I have the s-300 so same thing just bigger and it took lol forever for mine. It had to be a good month, before my skimmer wasn’t just going crazy. At times I called eshopps because I didn’t think it was working. Some of them can take a week, and others longer.

What finally helped mine is by placing the lid underneath the skimmer to raise the water level. It slows the bubbles down yet at this time it was still wide open and foaming over. As time goes on, you will have to adjust it between midway and half. The bubbles in mine, usually come slightly below the top inner edge of the collection cup. If you try and do more, it just spills over. It’s a great skimmer, and mine is really quiet as well. The cleaning every three months in vinegar is necessary, lol. Sadly if you don’t, salt builds up and it will make skimmer kinda whistle. Plus sometimes since the pump is mounted on a foam pad with plastic supports and bolts, you can’t just wrench them down. Because of this it can rattle loose and vibrate if you don’t snug them back down. But I have had no issues with it and even know once in a while I have to place the lid back under it. It’s a very sensitive skimmer, which is a good thing, you also can set and leave it, but if something sets it off it goes crazy.

Sincerely
Sarah

OP
OP
T

Tony888

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I have the s-300 so same thing just bigger and it took lol forever for mine. It had to be a good month, before my skimmer wasn’t just going crazy. At times I called eshopps because I didn’t think it was working. Some of them can take a week, and others longer.

What finally helped mine is by placing the lid underneath the skimmer to raise the water level. It slows the bubbles down yet at this time it was still wide open and foaming over. As time goes on, you will have to adjust it between midway and half. The bubbles in mine, usually come slightly below the top inner edge of the collection cup. If you try and do more, it just spills over. It’s a great skimmer, and mine is really quiet as well. The cleaning every three months in vinegar is necessary, lol. Sadly if you don’t, salt builds up and it will make skimmer kinda whistle. Plus sometimes since the pump is mounted on a foam pad with plastic supports and bolts, you can’t just wrench them down. Because of this it can rattle loose and vibrate if you don’t snug them back down. But I have had no issues with it and even know once in a while I have to place the lid back under it. It’s a very sensitive skimmer, which is a good thing, you also can set and leave it, but if something sets it off it goes crazy.

Sincerely
Sarah
Thank you for all the info.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 17.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 16 17.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 47 51.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 8.8%
Back