Eshopps ADV-100 Question

Discussion in 'General Equipment, Hardware, Filtration' started by docvin, Jan 18, 2018.

1. docvin

docvin Member

Looking to replace my sump with the Eshopps adv-100. Is anyone familiar with this model? Is there a way to control the depth in the skimmer section? I emailed their customer service a week ago and still no response. I guess they are still trying to figure it out themselves. But really does anyone know? Thanks in advance.

2. tdileo

tdileo Valuable Member

I have this sump. The skimmer section (large one taking up an entire side) has an adjustable level but it fluctuates with evaporation which is the only thing I dislike about the sump design. I put my refugium in that section and put my skimmer into the fuge area and built a PVC platform to get to a good working depth.

3. docvin

docvin Member

Are you using the built in ATO, would that help or Do you think if I put a different ATO in the skimmer section it will help?

4. tdileo

tdileo Valuable Member

The ATO could go in the skimmer or return section as both will fluctuate with evaporation since they’re all connected. I don’t own an ATO though so a manual top off once a day or every 2 days doesn’t keep a skimmer functioning well so it’s in the center.

5. docvin

docvin Member

Thanks that was helpful

6. tdileo

tdileo Valuable Member

No problem let me know if you need to know anything else

Draft saved Draft deleted