Eshopps AF-200 Refugium level

Crisismp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Everyone,

I need some help I'm trying to find out why I'm having a hard time getting my Refugium level higher in my Alpha Fuge 200. The water level is level across all areas. in I cover the teeth in the filter sock area that drains the water into skimmer area the refugium fills up but the filter sock isn't getting used in this scenario and its just over flowing. I have 1050gph pump in my sump is this to low for this sump I know going lower doesn't do it. I have 2 drains both seem to be draining water as expected. Im just not sure as to why I can keep the skimmer and pump a different level then the refugium as I have seen other people have with these style sumps.
IMG_4014.jpeg

Bruttall

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pump Chamber and Skimmer Chamber will run at same level of water, so set Pump Chamber to 8inch depth. Pictures of Eshopps AF300 Fuge Sump. My pump chamber appears slightly lower than Skim Chamber, I assume thats due to the 2000gph I have my pump set at which the max flow this sump is rated for, I tried to run it at 2800gph and had tons of micro bubbles in DT. Aquamax ConeS Q-3 Skimmer, Vortech L1 return pump.

If your Fuge Chamber isn't filling up, empty sump and check for cracks in Fuge Chamber. Fuge chamber water enters low, and exits into pump chamber top of wall, I am guessing a seam either between skim chamber and fuge or between pump chamber and fuge is not sealed.

20230630_050505[1].jpg

20230630_050505[1].jpg

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 102 86.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back