Eshopps corner frag rack weak

  • Thread starter Thread starter AdamNC
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

AdamNC

Lawnmower Blenny says nom nom
View Badges
Joined
Nov 29, 2014
Messages
4,118
Reaction score
3,191
Location
Winston Salem NC
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any way to modify it , perhaps use a 125 Mag Float algae magnet underneath to help support it more? It's only being used on a 29 gallon tank and it says it's good up to 3/8". Yea, my butt.
 
I had the same problem. I ended up getting a stronger one from a local business Zen Reef. The magnets are supper strong.
 
get stronger outside magnets.
 
Magfloat algae magnets work great. The large one works really nice if the rack is on the back of the aquarium or a non-view side
 
Any way to modify it , perhaps use a 125 Mag Float algae magnet underneath to help support it more? It's only being used on a 29 gallon tank and it says it's good up to 3/8". Yea, my butt.
I have experienced the same problem.I stacked up the magnets that came with my rack and use that on just one side.The rack will move if I run into it but will otherwise stay put.
 
after my eshopps magnet rusted i cracked them off and attached zoo med magclips. I drilled small holes and the magnets stay in place on their own, just make sure the hole you drill is not too big or the magnets won't stay.

they now hold to 1/2" glass.

CE6B2315-0EC9-4EAF-9DC0-66CD1238C468_zps0u8jkqad.jpg

2BEDB590-0C62-4554-B8C8-4EB2A58764D4_zpsliwfqxdt.jpg

0BD174AF-C681-4172-B474-6F5581708013_zpsja0avzbe.jpg

C5E7420A-D493-4D83-B530-418ECB5ED396_zpsi5ycrq2m.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 11 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new