Eshopps DeskMate Powerhead Placement Suggestions

testuser

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys, I have en Eshopps 4.8g DeskMate with a random flow nozzle for the return pump pointing toward the sock filter on the left while it slightly agitates the top of the water, but I wasn't seeing hardly any flow at all.

Per suggestions from you guys here, I got a powerhead (the smallest I could find), a Hygger Eco Slim Wave Maker. I instantly saw benefit from my micromussa and favia looking far happier, extended, and puffier. However, I am uncertain if the placement is absolutely ideal.

It currently makes a bit of a snail poop vortex in the front of the tank, and I unfortunately have pretty fine grian sand. The only place I could put it without kicking up the sand a lot was front, top, left. With this being the opposite side and closer to the front of the tank, is this positioning optimal? What might be better? Cube tanks seem to be difficult without blocking the filter sock drain. Appreciate hearing your guys'setup for nano, cube tanks!

OP
OP
T

testuser

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly, wherever you can place it where it doesn't kick up any sand is going to be ideal. If you can angle it up more that might help as well.
I wish this one could be angled. So does it at least make sense that it's on the opposite side of the return pump?

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back