ESHOPPS Mariner 70 Build

OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
nice! the sliders on the top and the bottom of the skinny part of your stand and its a sheet of ply between them?
The "picture" is what I'd see when I open the stand door. They would go along the back at the top where the doser sits and at the bottom where the tray is. I would likely attach it directly to the stand's center brace although a small piece of plywood would mean I could print it as two separate pieces - table and tray - which save a little filament.
so the dosing reservoir will slide too?
Yes, it would be an all-in-one table/tray so both slide out. The tubes wouldn't require "extra" tubing length this way.
You really missed your calling Tim! No more desk jobs for you!
The math is wrong on this one... When I do the calculations it seems to put me in front of a computer doing CAD a lot...

Besides, I'm not trying to move in on Sam's territory. I like collaborating and I'm having fun doing stuff for my tank but I'm nowhere near ready to step up and start doing this for profit.

ESABOE

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The "picture" is what I'd see when I open the stand door. They would go along the back at the top where the doser sits and at the bottom where the tray is. I would likely attach it directly to the stand's center brace although a small piece of plywood would mean I could print it as two separate pieces - table and tray - which save a little filament.

Yes, it would be an all-in-one table/tray so both slide out. The tubes wouldn't require "extra" tubing length this way.

The math is wrong on this one... When I do the calculations it seems to put me in front of a computer doing CAD a lot...

Besides, I'm not trying to move in on Sam's territory. I like collaborating and I'm having fun doing stuff for my tank but I'm nowhere near ready to step up and start doing this for profit.
Your too modest

OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
So I'm considering designing and printing a doser table that I'll attach to sliders inside th stand. It'll incorporate the table and the bottle tray into one piece. The tube holder that normally would hang on the sump will instead be incorporated as well. The whole thing will slide in and out on drawer slides if I need to mak any adjustments or replace the pump heads.

Here's a little mock-up drawing. NOT TO SCALE:

IMG_20240312_093400873.jpg
Ok, scratch this. Design requires 14" height with th current bottles I have for dosing and I have 12" of height between the sump and the top bracing.

Once I get some experience building my new Pico, I may venture into making some acrylic dosing chambers.

OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Currently I'm using a 500 ml bottle for phosphates and it's all I'm dosing. I'm likely going to dose magnesium in this tank, probably still going to need phosphates, and I'll likely dose either kalk or alk. I won't need a ton of anything being a smaller tank so if I did 5" * 2.5" * 5" tall that would give me the space I need heightwise, will be the same width as the doser, and hang about 3" over the sump. We'll see what I decide. I'm hopefully going to build the Pico tomorrow.

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Ok, scratch this. Design requires 14" height with th current bottles I have for dosing and I have 12" of height between the sump and the top bracing.

Once I get some experience building my new Pico, I may venture into making some acrylic dosing chambers.
Its easier then you think! Dosing chambers easy to cut on a table saw! (just make sure you use uber high tpi blade)

OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Its easier then you think! Dosing chambers easy to cut on a table saw! (just make sure you use uber high tpi blade)
I've got Weld-On already. Hom Depot and Lowe's will cut it if I buy it I think? Usually it's 2 cuts free and then $1.25 after that. Otherwise, yeah, buy a Uber high TPI blade for the miter saw or table saw.

OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0

stoney7713

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Definitely got some uglies going on BUT lookit' these weird pink splotches showing up throughout the sand bed.
IMG_20240314_115247238.jpg

Kinda interesting.
I just got 1 liter of MB7, I think it definitely helped during the ugly stages. I dose it once a week now.

OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I just got 1 liter of MB7, I think it definitely helped during the ugly stages. I dose it once a week now.
Yeah, I just ran out. It's in my Amazon cart, just need my wife to see what she needs so I can place the order.

ESABOE

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Is that your dog?
No. I haven't had a Golden Retriever in a long time. Like back when cell phones had to be plugged in to the box in the trunk.

stoney7713

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Is this congratulations?
Yes! He got a Bambu Labs.
I don't know about congratulations, just a different printer. So far it's been smooth printing, set up was a breeze, speeds are great.

Everything I'm printing is from the Bambu marketworld. Tried and tested prints.

We'll see how things go when I get ready for some of my prints. I'll have to tune it a bit for my filaments also.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back