eShopps S200 Skimmer review

samparker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been working away on my first in-depth review for my youtube channel. If you are in the market for a new skimmer, watch the video below and convince me that the affordable eShopps unit would not be the one for you!

I do forget to mention that this unit is silent minus the sucking noise of air being drawn into the body (which is basically nothing) and the performance is as good as anything I've seen in person before!

Yell out if you have any questions :)

OP
OP
samparker

samparker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It currently is yes, and yes, it is a little bouncy! It's not meant to stay there forever, but it just keeps pulling out more gunk. Hopefully get it into a proper sump on a suitable tank soon.

DesertReefT4r

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice. These are good skimmers and it was on my list for a while. Eshopps price on skimmers has gone way up over the last several years, compared to when they got their start anyways. The price of the S200 is what eliminated it for me.

Forsaken77

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Holy algae growing in that skimmer, lol:).

Do you need to use a screwdriver to clean the air silencer? I see it has a rubber cap on the bottom where stuff could collect, but it doesn't look as wide as the silencer tube. Do you get any build-up in the silencer and need to unscrew it?

That looks like the only thing that would be a pain.

Also, what holds the body down? Is it just the volute, or is there something else holding it to the base?

Good review

Forsaken77

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice. These are good skimmers and it was on my list for a while. Eshopps price on skimmers has gone way up over the last several years, compared to when they got their start anyways. The price of the S200 is what eliminated it for me.

They actually make another, cheaper, model that's very similar to the S-series. It's called the Axium line or X-series. They released at the same time and are also 4th gen skimmers. Don't look like they have a cup drain like the S-series.

OP
OP
samparker

samparker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Holy algae growing in that skimmer, lol:).

Do you need to use a screwdriver to clean the air silencer? I see it has a rubber cap on the bottom where stuff could collect, but it doesn't look as wide as the silencer tube. Do you get any build-up in the silencer and need to unscrew it?

That looks like the only thing that would be a pain.

Also, what holds the body down? Is it just the volute, or is there something else holding it to the base?

Good review

Haha thanks! The air silencer is a bit like others to clean - a bit tricky, but with that drain, it could be ok?

The base also has tabs that the body slides into then the volute slips in

Burrito

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how quiet have you been able to get this, i just setup one in a cycling tank and all i hear is the air intake? should it be dead silent? my first big boy skimmer so not sure what to expect

Johnno1979

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha thanks! The air silencer is a bit like others to clean - a bit tricky, but with that drain, it could be ok?

The base also has tabs that the body slides into then the volute slips in
I have the same skimmer and its been running on my Red Sea 350 for about the same time as yours. What is the general operating noise like with it? Mine has a humming noise exactly like the youtube clip in the following thread...
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/eshopps-s-series-skimmer-noise.342271/

Have you experienced the same?

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 48 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 20.4%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 8.0%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 36 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.9%
Back