Eshopps skimmer - micro bubbles

  • Thread starter Thread starter ReeferPat
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

ReeferPat

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 9, 2019
Messages
139
Reaction score
191
Location
San Francisco Bay Area
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

im wondering if I’ve done something wrong in setting up the skimmer in my new tank. I’m getting tons of micro bubbles shouting into the water by the intake.Also not getting any skimmate yet. It’s been running for about four days. Although it’s a new tank, it’s an upgrade from a previous tank with the same bioload.

7DDCFF5E-E06F-43D8-AD33-1809B25AF9D8.jpeg
7DDCFF5E-E06F-43D8-AD33-1809B25AF9D8.jpeg
 
I had the same issues took me roughly 6 days before no more micro bubbles. Try to raise it a little bit more in the water column, I use bio bricks under mine. Also make sure the bubbles inside reach the cone/neck area of the skimmer.
20200109_141821.jpg
 
Not enough organics in the water. Once the skimmer starts skimming, the microbubbles will stop.
 
Eshopps makes a adjustable stand for that skimmer you need to raise it up. If it's a new skimmer and a new tank it will take the skimmer a couple of weeks or more to start working properly. Try opening up the intake more but if u go to far it will overflow. I also installed a skimmer cup shutoff on mine to prevent this.
 
You don't need to raise it up. I ran that skimmer for three years with the water level at the top of the S-120 writing.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 50 35.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new