Eshopps sump question

Dartfrog1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the Eshopps rs-200 3rd gen Sump and it has 2 filter socks but I only want to run one or none but when I do I get a ton of micro bubbles anyone else run into this problem. When I put both socks in I don't see any micro bubbles in the DT. Thanks

1WildBill

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Watching. I bought the same Sump, it will be here Friday.

TheAquarian

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the Eshopps rs-200 3rd gen Sump and it has 2 filter socks but I only want to run one or none but when I do I get a ton of micro bubbles anyone else run into this problem. When I put both socks in I don't see any micro bubbles in the DT. Thanks
Can you post a photo of the sump setup?

OP
OP
Dartfrog1

Dartfrog1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I capped off one drain as I only needed one for my 75gal tank.

IMG_7780.JPG

IMG_7781.JPG

IMG_7783.JPG

TheAquarian

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To answer your question about the micro bubbles, I’m sure it’s the drop of the water without the filter socks causing the bubbles. Maybe you could diy a panel that would allow the water to gently fall into the resivour?
I have that same tank, I’m running a Herbie overflow which uses a primary and an emergency overflow. A nice faisafe to have. I just plumbed the return over the back wall of the tank.

1WildBill

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could fill the intake section with live rock rubble too.

OP
OP
Dartfrog1

Dartfrog1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To answer your question about the micro bubbles, I’m sure it’s the drop of the water without the filter socks causing the bubbles. Maybe you could diy a panel that would allow the water to gently fall into the resivour?
I have that same tank, I’m running a Herbie overflow which uses a primary and an emergency overflow. A nice faisafe to have. I just plumbed the return over the back wall of the tank.

Yes, I figured that out just checking to see if there's anyone out there that has the same sump and maybe figured out a DIY fix.

1WildBill

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will let you know on Friday. That’s when i’ll Start cycling my tank.

Jamie chappa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same issue here. My solution was to cut up a filter sock and replace that material with the mesh brs sells for diy tank covers. This gave something for the water to fall down if that makes sense. If needed I can snap a pic tonight when I get home.

Forsaken77

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another option, and what BRS did, was take a piece of Lifeguard Aquatics Aquamesh filter pad, because it's stiff and holds its shape, and use it as a baffle after the drain hits the water. I would use the fine version though if you want to trap all bubbles, but it may clog faster. Just have it go from top to bottom all the way across and the water will flow through it.

From what I've read of their reviews, even the fine is pretty coarse and not good at trapping debris. You could try the coarse but some bubbles may get through. It's not a good mechanical filter pad, which is what you're looking for.

I'll link you to the page... HERE

bruiser22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another option, and what BRS did, was take a piece of Lifeguard Aquatics Aquamesh filter pad, because it's stiff and holds its shape, and use it as a baffle after the drain hits the water. I would use the fine version though if you want to trap all bubbles, but it may clog faster. Just have it go from top to bottom all the way across and the water will flow through it.

From what I've read of their reviews, even the fine is pretty coarse and not good at trapping debris. You could try the coarse but some bubbles may get through. It's not a good mechanical filter pad, which is what you're looking for.

I'll link you to the page... HERE

bruiser22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

OP
OP
Dartfrog1

Dartfrog1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought the medium lifeguard pad and cut it to fit it works ok and cuts down on the micro bubbles but I went back to running filter socks just like how clean they keep my tank and sump.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 39 35.1%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 23 20.7%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 8.1%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 30 27.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.6%
Back