eslatts' 225 Mixed Reef + Fish Room

Great build! I hope to be building out the same tank myself soon. Love the moving pics. How’d those suction cups work? Are they the Amazon ones I see people using?
Thank you very much :)

You'll be going for crystal dynamics 225g as well? If so check out Billldg's build of the same tank, he has a great thread going to!

The suction cups are actually cheap ones I bought from Harbor Freight, each one is rated for 125lbs. The tank dry weighed around 400-500lbs. So while they worked out good, I never had anyone lift with all their might on one cup to avoid suction failure. The key really was to never lift tank at all and if we did we also had a couple people holding the tank without the suction cups. They were honestly just really good at being able to maneuver the tank easily like when on the rollers, getting it through the window and flipping it on its bottom.
 
That thread is how I found yours in fact! Thanks, I’ll be sure to get some of those dollies to move it around as well as some OSB to roll it over since my ground on the path from my driveway to the room makes yours across grass look like a smooth concrete pour :p
 
Wow I’ve never seen one of those! Very cool and Godspeed young fry.
Thanks ;Happy

Frys are looking good! Fed rotifers last night and again today along with some RG Complete to tint the water.



Going to see if big mama fancies tiles for a smoother hatch night:
 
My brother made a couple videos of my reef tank! One is just a general video with no lenses, the second with lenses and mostly macro shots and then a FTS at the end. Enjoy.



 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 12 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 8 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 12 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 29.2%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new