OP
eslatts11

eslatts11

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great build! I hope to be building out the same tank myself soon. Love the moving pics. How’d those suction cups work? Are they the Amazon ones I see people using?
Thank you very much :)

You'll be going for crystal dynamics 225g as well? If so check out Billldg's build of the same tank, he has a great thread going to!

The suction cups are actually cheap ones I bought from Harbor Freight, each one is rated for 125lbs. The tank dry weighed around 400-500lbs. So while they worked out good, I never had anyone lift with all their might on one cup to avoid suction failure. The key really was to never lift tank at all and if we did we also had a couple people holding the tank without the suction cups. They were honestly just really good at being able to maneuver the tank easily like when on the rollers, getting it through the window and flipping it on its bottom.

AaronFReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That thread is how I found yours in fact! Thanks, I’ll be sure to get some of those dollies to move it around as well as some OSB to roll it over since my ground on the path from my driveway to the room makes yours across grass look like a smooth concrete pour :p

OP
OP
eslatts11

eslatts11

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My brother made a couple videos of my reef tank! One is just a general video with no lenses, the second with lenses and mostly macro shots and then a FTS at the end. Enjoy.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 34 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 6.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 28 13.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 119 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 14 6.7%
Back