Established Anemone Starting to Hide

DerekCaudill

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning all,

I have a Nuvo 10 that has been established for about 2 years now. Its a mix of things. Four 2-3 inch RBTA's, 1 mini maxi nem, 1 rockflower, various zoas, ricordia, 1 small maxima clam, some sps and 2 clowns. Recently My largest RBTA has been moving a bit. Out of nowhere. The other 3 are doing fine where they have been for a long time. The one that is moving has now moved toward the rear of the tank and in the shade. Needless to say its slightly deflated where it is. Now I know they tend to move around for whatever reasons, but I'm concerned about this one. About 8 months ago I had a happy healthy GBTA kinda do the same thing and wonder to the rear of the tank. I eventually had to remove it and place it into a QT. Not certain what happened but it perished. As for maintenance and such I do bi weekly water changes. Use Reef Crystals salt, have been for about 15 years now. Parameter are in good order. Dose All-for-Reef daily. I only broadcast feed the tank lightly, mysis, once a day and twice a week introduce phyto. Lighting is a AI Prime HD running AB+ slightly modified. Flow is good as well with the AI Nero 3. Im just a bit concerned because of what happed to the GBTA. Any thoughts???

20240213_095125.jpg 20240213_095114.jpg

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back