Establishing Stomatella Population

Found a place selling Stomatella in lots of 5, would 5 be enough to start a self sustaining population?
You probably need at least even if they are hermaphrodites. I introduce 4 five years ago into my 80 gallon aquarium. I seldom see them but they are large when I see them in my aquarium - however in my sump - I have discover small ones - I suppose they have succeeded to breed. I think five is enough as a start - just be aware that they can sometimes feed on sponges too

Sincerely Lasse
 
Where did you find them to buy?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 50 34.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 6.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 13.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new