ESV Bionic 2 Part Enough Support for Balling?

happysalt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was wondering if anyone out there is using ESV Bionic and doing very infrequent waterchanges. Just wondering if it supplies enough major, minor, and trace element support over time that you could go 2 months without water changes if you are running a refugium and skimmer for nutrient export. I was previously doing it with BRS 2 part and dosing the trace elements but I ended up over dosing iron and greening out my corals for a while.

I should also mention I was dosing chaeto grow (Brightwell) at the same time to keep the chaeto in my fuge happy.

Any help would be appreciated!

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The claim is they add everything significant and I am inclined to trust them more than more manufacturers on chemistry issues.

that said, neither this ESV product nor Balling are trace element supplements and a different product may be needed for that purpose, even with water changes.

OP
OP
happysalt

happysalt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But wouldn't Triton be considered balling or am i missing something. wouldn't the idea be to be able to dose everything you need to the tank and if nutrient export was adequate you wouldn't have to do water changes. So how do people do it with the triton method tanks without water changes?

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But wouldn't Triton be considered balling or am i missing something. wouldn't the idea be to be able to dose everything you need to the tank and if nutrient export was adequate you wouldn't have to do water changes. So how do people do it with the triton method tanks without water changes?

Balling does not measure things and adjust them.
There’s a technical but not really a functional distinction between 2 or 3 parts systems and Balling.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 70 44.6%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 73 46.5%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 14 8.9%
Back