ESV Bionic VS BRS Hybrid Method

fishnugget1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have been using ESV 2 Part for years. Thinking of changing to BRS Hybrid 2 Part system with Tropic Marin.

Anyone doing either and results?

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have been using ESV 2 Part for years. Thinking of changing to BRS Hybrid 2 Part system with Tropic Marin.

Anyone doing either and results?

Both are good ways to go, and they are functionally equivalent (IMO). My BRS recipe plus TM Balling Part C is a little less potent, but no less desirable.

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Both are good ways to go, and they are functionally equivalent (IMO). My BRS recipe plus TM Balling Part C is a little less potent, but no less desirable.

Can't one just add C to the ESV 2 part and achieve the same thing or is the emphasis on cost reduction?

spsick

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can't one just add C to the ESV 2 part and achieve the same thing or is the emphasis on cost reduction?
Part C is redundant if you are using B-Ionic as it’s already in that solution.

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

ESV is already functionally identical to the two part plus Balling Part C. It just incorporates those chemicals into the two parts, as others have noted. Do not add Balling Part C when using ESV.

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Right, it keeps all ions in a seawater ratio, not by reducing the rise of sodium and chloride, but by adding everything else in seawater. In that way, it accelerates the salinity rise, but prevents ion ratio changes and all you need to do is maintain proper salinity.

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It keeps the ratios to not accumulate too much NaCl
Right, it keeps all ions in a seawater ratio, not by reducing the rise of sodium and chloride, but by adding everything else in seawater. In that way, it accelerates the salinity rise, but prevents ion ratio changes and all you need to do is maintain proper salinity.

Thanks.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 59 39.6%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 17 11.4%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 42 28.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 29 19.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.3%
Back