ESV Transitional Element +

skr791346

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone have any experience using this product to reduce nitrates? If so, was it effective compared to other carbon dosing methods?

MIKE NY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We were lucky enough to have both Bob Stark and Joe Yaiullo at our last LIRA meeting. I know a few of our members who have been using their product with good results. I'm carbon dosing so I just started using the reg TE for the added elements and for its claim to enhance the carbon dosing. It's only been a week so the verdict is still out.

OP
OP
S

skr791346

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We were lucky enough to have both Bob Stark and Joe Yaiullo at our last LIRA meeting. I know a few of our members who have been using their product with good results. I'm carbon dosing so I just started using the reg TE for the added elements and for its claim to enhance the carbon dosing. It's only been a week so the verdict is still out.

Which carbon method are you using with TE? Do you dose all at once or split it up throughout the day?

MIKE NY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m using vinegar and dosing all at once right before the lights come. I don’t know why that’s important, but that’s what they recommend....

radiata

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think TE is for just adding elements, and not intended to reduce anything. Have you seen otherwise?

Cnidoblast

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I only dose the ESV normal - I think it would be better to dose the normal stuff and than just dose vodka as your carbon source
I have had really nice results from the normal ESV trace solution in a mostly soft coral system

my dosage is 1 ml day (when i remember to dose it that is!) for a biocube 32

OP
OP
S

skr791346

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm going to try mixing it with vinegar and see if there's any big difference. Will keep you guys posted.

Mike, what ratio of vinegar to TE + are you using? ESV recommended that I add it during photoperiod, not before lights come on. I'll need to clarify this with them, maybe I misunderstood.

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm going to try mixing it with vinegar and see if there's any big difference. Will keep you guys posted.

Mike, what ratio of vinegar to TE + are you using? ESV recommended that I add it during photoperiod, not before lights come on. I'll need to clarify this with them, maybe I misunderstood.

I recommend adding organic carbon early in and during the light cycle since it lowers O2 and pH. Adding it late in the cycle or at night would be least preferred.

I'm not sure it matters when you add an specific trace elements that are supposed to benefit the process.

OP
OP
S

skr791346

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recommend adding organic carbon early in and during the light cycle since it lowers O2 and pH. Adding it late in the cycle or at night would be least preferred.

I'm not sure it matters when you add an specific trace elements that are supposed to benefit the process.

Thank you Randy, I'm planning on splitting it up during my photoperiod. Wanted to make sure a question I asked in another thread; does it matter if I dose it all at once or split up in terms of efficacy?

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/dosing-vinegar-q.357845/#post-4439220

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 73 51.4%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 73 51.4%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 36 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 31 21.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.3%
Back