Ethan’s fish stock selection (Tangs included)

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So here I am, finally being able to add fish in my soon to be reef. Ive thought long and hard, read all over the internet and on forums, and I’ve been able to narrow down some of the fish that I like the most. Now I obviously won’t we able to keep all of them, and some of these fish will definitely outgrow this tank, and I just want some help to narrow down the best of the best. Now we all start with a different sized tank than we will finally end up with, so just to be clear, this isn’t my forever tank and the fish won’t forever be in this sized tank. It’s a 4 foot 91 gallon Red Sea Tank. Probably be upgrading in About a 2 years or so. But enough of the chit chat. Here are the fish:

I currently own a pair of clowns and a Black Velvet Angel (of course I need to be cautious with the angel with corals)

x Midas Blenny
x 2 Bellus Angels (pair)
x Tomini Tang
x Hawaiian Yellow Tang
x Purple Tang
x Blue spot Jawfish
x Square Spot Anthias
x Foxface
x Long nose Hawkfish
x Chocolate Tang
x 2 Leopard Wrasse (pair)
x Diamond Tail Flasher Wrasse
x Naoko Fairy Wrasse
x PBT (Blue)
x Yellow Coris
x Golden Pintail Wrasse
x Blue hippo juvie
x Lineatus Wrasse
x Falco Hawkfish

Of course all of these fish won’t fit in the tank and not all of them can or will live in the tank long term. The aquascape is very open, but I do have plenty of hiding spots for them, as well a 4 big caves. Let me know what you guys think should be the best options. And now…bring on the Tang Police!

Last edited:

mkereefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So here I am, finally being able to add fish in my soon to be reef. Ive thought long and hard, read all over the internet and on forums, and I’ve been able to narrow down some of the fish that I like the most. Now I obviously won’t we able to keep all of them, and I just want some help to narrow down the best of the best. Now we all start with a different sized tank than we will finally end up with, so just to be clear, this isn’t my forever tank and the fish won’t forever be in this sized tank. It’s a 4 foot 91 gallon Red Sea Tank. Probably be upgrading in About a 2 years or so. But enough of the chit chat. Here are the fish:

I currently own a pair of clowns and a Black Velvet Angel (of course I need to be cautious with the angel with corals)

x Midas Blenny
x 2 Bellus Angels (pair)
x Tomini Tang
x Hawaiian Yellow Tang
x Purple Tang
x Blue spot Jawfish
x Square Spot Anthias
x Foxface
x Long nose Hawkfish
x Chocolate Tang
x 2 Leopard Wrasse (pair)
x Diamond Tail Flasher Wrasse
x Naoko Fairy Wrasse
x PBT (Blue)
x Yellow Coris
x Golden Pintail Wrasse
x Blue hippo juvie
x Lineatus Wrasse
x Falco Hawkfish

Of course all of these fish won’t fit in the tank and not all of them can or will live in the tank long term. The aquascape is very open, but I do have plenty of hiding spots for them, as well a 4 big caves. Let me know what you guys think should be the best options. And now…bring on the Tang Police!
Tomini's are alwats fun same with the wrasse but be careful

Nemo&Friends

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your list has a total of 23 fish, for a 90 G tank, some of these fish get quite large.
As you cannot add all this fish at once, and you already have 3, I would go slowly and add only 2 or 3 at a time.
Maybe start by the Midas blenny, the lineatus wrasse, and the foxface or the tomini tang and see how it is going. Also fish grows faster than we think. I know my cute little foxface did not stay cute and small very long.
Would you have enough sand for the yellow coris?
I have a 125 G tank, and keep only 14 fish. That is more than enough to get a very active tank and I do have to change the water more often than I wish.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 24.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 34.7%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 43 28.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.7%
Back